Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 GTR premium.

Was in manual mode and driving spirited. Light turned green and went from first to second and in high revs of second gear the engine sputtered(was maybe at 6k rpm and not in the red and no shift light) ...little loss of power. Almost like when the tires break loose and the traction kicks in but it sounded like turbos sputtered??? It Was weird. It was like two back to back sputters. Never did it again. Was down to about 1/16 of a tank if maybe air in line? I wasn't watching to see if it was the traction light coming on and cutting power but I didn't feel anything from the back end like I normally do when I get wheel spin. traction was in R mode. Usually if it spins it doesn't sputter just typical nissan traction control feeling happens. Any thought?

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Most likely not enough fuel like you said since you were so low.

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
Not sure of your mod's. I can't remember if your stock or not.... It's always a good idea to post if your car is stock or not when you have an issue and are looking for advice. The more detailed you can be the better.

Sounds like injectors cutting out because they are maxed. If your car is stock its probably a fuel issue like you said. When my car shows 30 miles left it still has at least 4 gallons in the tank still. FYI.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bone Stock for now. I'm going to do a mid pipe soon for my first mod. I imagine it may have been fuel because I haven't gone this low before refueling.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
on a stock car low fuel not on E specifically there really shouldnt be fueling issues with the factory surgetank. I wouldnt worry about it too much just refuel either way and keep driving. Now im a custom tune but every now and then random stuff sometimes happens where it sputters but then its perfectly fine and there is no rhyme or reason behind it

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
on a stock car low fuel not on E specifically there really shouldnt be fueling issues with the factory surgetank. I wouldnt worry about it too much just refuel either way and keep driving. Now im a custom tune but every now and then random stuff sometimes happens where it sputters but then its perfectly fine and there is no rhyme or reason behind it
I had this for the first time this weekend on a incline in traffic with a half a tank .....thought something was wrong cause l just upgraded my pumps and injectors but l guess its normal lol

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
I had this for the first time this weekend on a incline in traffic with a half a tank .....thought something was wrong cause l just upgraded my pumps and injectors but l guess its normal lol
I don't think ANY sputtering is normal. Neither of my GT-R's have every spurred in any condition. You should most definitely do a 4th gear data log pull and make sure everything is going well. Running lean can blow your engine.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I don't think ANY sputtering is normal. Neither of my GT-R's have every spurred in any condition. You should most definitely do a 4th gear data log pull and make sure everything is going well. Running lean can blow your engine.
What percentage are to lean and what's too rich at idle the car is between 13% an 14% on both b1 and b2 lm l running to rich car has a regular stage 3 shelf tune from Cobb

1 - 11 of 11 Posts