Nissan GT-R Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
lm FBO the whole point of the tunes is so we don't fail inspection
You can pass inspection for emissions but to go to the dealer and get your car calibrated for the annual POS you need to be untuned from Cobb. So in other words you don't get the annual pos, but you can do the gear relearn from the Cobb ap anyway. Plus they can do the alignment if you want.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
This is what they had in the notes of the paperwork exactly:

"DUP MIL on the consult will not comm with ECM. The ECM has had the software changed with a aftermarket equipment and would have to be changed back to read with consult. I can access ECU with my personal scanner and found a code P0153 A/F Sensor B2 suggest sensor be replaced and see if any other problems or codes occur. DAIG is limited due to software change may be other problems. MIL could return. May need other repairs may need to change ECU software for further DIAG."

I'm considering replacing the o2 sensor myself. Is that the real issue? Car seems to run fine but reading the description of the effects of a bad o2 makes me think that's the problem. Trying to save some money and maybe learn how to fix things like this in my own. Thought?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got this message too, 300 miles into my new 2016... frustrating to have to take it to the shop before ive even put my second tank of gas in it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Did they end up replacing it for you? I just reset the code with my tuner. He hooked up his computer and had me drive it around for a bit. My sensor is loading up really slow, but it still works. The computer after resetting the code doesn't show the warning light anymore.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I just got this message too, 300 miles into my new 2016... frustrating to have to take it to the shop before ive even put my second tank of gas in it.
I had the exact same issue when I bought my car. Think around 200 miles, I got the see dealer message and my local dealership replaced the gas cap and EVAP sensor. Been good ever since.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts