Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
my gtr is only 3700 miles and today it gave me the warning "Engine system malfunction, please visit dealer" or something like that although i don't drive it aggressively. basically it's still perfect and nothing seems to be wrong with the car but it's giving me that warning. it happened after i had parked it and switched it back on. i hope someone could help me with this and tell me the possible scenarios. thank u

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
hello,
my gtr is only 3700 miles and today it gave me the warning "Engine system malfunction, please visit dealer" or something like that although i don't drive it aggressively. basically it's still perfect and nothing seems to be wrong with the car but it's giving me that warning. it happened after i had parked it and switched it back on. i hope someone could help me with this and tell me the possible scenarios. thank u
Do you have a cobb accessport. if so check the code, clear it and report back with what you found.
If not disconnect the battery for a few minutes, press the brake, then reconnect the batery. if the problem persists go to the dealer.
If it drives perfectly fine you probally have nothing to worry about

·
Caretaker of GODZIRA!
2,679 Posts
If it's running fine, then there's a 99% chance it's emissions related. Mine came on about 2k mi ago, but has been running fine, so I ignore it. After I start up I scroll past it to the digital speedo I always refer to.
It actually went back off last wk, only to come back on 2 days later.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
If it's running fine, then there's a 99% chance it's emissions related. Mine came on about 2k mi ago, but has been running fine, so I ignore it. After I start up I scroll past it to the digital speedo I always refer to.
It actually went back off last wk, only to come back on 2 days later.
I had this problem with evap emmisions system, the tech replaced a "valve" and now its fine.

·
Dream Crusher
2,813 Posts
It's your evap valve. It happened to me 2 weeks ago. It's all under warranty

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey again, thank you all for your advise, I tried closing the fuel cap but it didn't work so i guess it's the EVAP. Anyways I'm going to the dealer tomorrow since i don't have an access port to check the code, ill let you all know what happens with me when i get it inspected. Cheers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
u guys were more than right. turns out it was just the EVAP, took it to the dealer yesterday and i saw it on the scanner. almost had a heart attack there lol. thanks alot for all the help! cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
got it replaced with a new one and 400 miles later it came back on. for some reason it always happens when i go up a mountain after i park it and then switch it on.sighh.. looks like im gonna have to get it changed once again. really starting to get on my nerves. taking my car back to the dealership on monday to get it changed

·
Registered
210 Posts
got it replaced with a new one and 400 miles later it came back on. for some reason it always happens when i go up a mountain after i park it and then switch it on.sighh.. looks like im gonna have to get it changed once again. really starting to get on my nerves. taking my car back to the dealership on monday to get it changed
that sux hope you get it fixed forever this time!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello,
Code engine system malfunction visit workshop

1 - 16 of 16 Posts