Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Hey Guys,

I came across these a while back and felt like sharing them here. I think they look awesome with widebody kits(Rocket Bunny, BenSopra). These are actually available in pretty good sizes:

18x9.5 +22 ~19.3lbs
18x10.5 +15/25 ~21.3lbs
18x11 +16/30 ~21.6lbs

[background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]They are descently light also. Here are some pics, tell me what you guys think of this on a GTR as a drag Setup?[/background]

[background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]Feel Free to reach out to me if you'd like a quote on these along with a set of tires![/background]

Dayne
Acute Performance

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
they look good, I was thinking about getting a set for the wifes ISFsport

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I have been contempating about the 18 x 10.5. Send me a set and I can test fit them =)

·
Registered
6,757 Posts
Compared to OEM front wheel and tires-

For the front-
18x9.5 et 22 will be 23mm further away from the inner suspension and poke out 23mm. This should fit.

18x10.5 et 25 will be 7.3mm further away from the inner suspension and poke out 32.7mm. This may fit OEM front fender but it will be close, a narrow race tire 295mm may fit. A stiffer front spring rate and more front negative camber would help reduce risk of rubbing under load.

18x11" et 30 will be 4.1mm closer to the suspension strut and and poke out 34.1 mm. This would be very wide for use on the front with OEM fenders and might work if the race tire was narrow like 295mm and there was a lot of front negative camber.

For the rear-
18x11" et16 will be 2.7mm further from the inner suspension and poke out 15.4mm more. This is fine for a 315mm wide race tire.

I think if would be possible to put on-

18x10.5 et 25 on the front (possible 5mm spacer for clearance if needed)
18x11 et 16 on the rear (plus possible 5 to 10mm spacer)

Both with 315/35-18 race tires, rotate wheels right to left between each event than after 6 events remount rear tires to front wheels for better wear.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Compared to OEM front wheel and tires-

For the front-
18x9.5 et 22 will be 23mm further away from the inner suspension and poke out 23mm. This should fit.

18x10.5 et 25 will be 7.3mm further away from the inner suspension and poke out 32.7mm. This may fit OEM front fender but it will be close, a narrow race tire 295mm may fit. A stiffer front spring rate and more front negative camber would help reduce risk of rubbing under load.

18x11" et 30 will be 4.1mm closer to the suspension strut and and poke out 34.1 mm. This would be very wide for use on the front with OEM fenders and might work if the race tire was narrow like 295mm and there was a lot of front negative camber.

For the rear-
18x11" et16 will be 2.7mm further from the inner suspension and poke out 15.4mm more. This is fine for a 315mm wide race tire.

I think if would be possible to put on-

18x10.5 et 25 on the front (possible 5mm spacer for clearance if needed)
18x11 et 16 on the rear (plus possible 5 to 10mm spacer)

Both with 315/35-18 race tires, rotate wheels right to left between each event than after 6 events remount rear tires to front wheels for better wear.
Awesome, thanks for posting this!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I guess the issue really is not how it will look on the GTR, but how it will fit with a not so wide tires. I am not sure how vendors expect people to buy the wheels if the fitment is unknown. Are consumers supposed to buy them and test fit them? What happens if they don't fit without hecking the body or make more changes? Can we return them? AutoxGTR gave some good idea, but we all know there are a lot of variables.

My offer still stands to test fit a set of 18 x 10.5 et 25 with 295 tires on a stock GTR.=)

·
Vendor
3,068 Posts
I guess the issue really is not how it will look on the GTR, but how it will fit with a not so wide tires. I am not sure how vendors expect people to buy the wheels if the fitment is unknown. Are consumers supposed to buy them and test fit them? What happens if they don't fit without hecking the body or make more changes? Can we return them? AutoxGTR gave some good idea, but we all know there are a lot of variables.

My offer still stands to test fit a set of 18 x 10.5 et 25 with 295 tires on a stock GTR.=)
The only "variable" is whether or not they fit over the 380mm on CBA & 390mm on DBA along with clearing the caliper. Offsets are given which leave no variables in terms of fitment. Just simple measuring and referencing of current 18" wheels on the market.

But good luck on receiving a set for testing

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The only "variable" is whether or not they fit over the 380mm on CBA & 390mm on DBA along with clearing the caliper. Offsets are given which leave no variables in terms of fitment. Just simple measuring and referencing of current 18" wheels on the market.

Thanks for clearing that up Rory. There many not be many pictures or sources of members or fellow owners with these wheels, but the offset and width is given so you can cross reference with other 18" setups on GTR to see if the offset will match, then it is a matter of comparing the concavity of the wheels to see if they will clear calipers.

Dayne

·
Registered
2,505 Posts

Thanks. I guess nobody really knows if they will clear the caliper because of the spokes and that nobody has test fitted them. So back to my original point.

Anyways, the point is not trying to get free wheels, but just want to know if they will fit on the GTR, that's all.

I will leave this thread alone now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.