Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the Esprit 262 rear spoiler and the GT-RR brand carbon fiber front lip.

Took the advice from another member on here to install it with the stock lip, it is rock solid! Extremely satisfied with how it's made, the carbon fiber, clearcoat and fitment of the lip are great. Definitely a good buy. The esprit dry carbon is amazing, im in love with it. It looks a lot more aggressive in my opinion.

Thumbs up to GT-RR/Bulletproof for the parts, very good to deal with.

Also, thanks to [email protected] Music Box for the installation of the wing, lip and hardwiring my V1. He really knows how to install any thing and does a very good job at it, hit him up if you're in socal.

Will post better pix, some quick snaps.

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
I like the look of the wing and saw one in person for the first time last week. Unfortunately, the dry carbon had significantly degraded, whitening from exposure and with some unraveling of the cf weave. Be sure to care for this thing and look into some kind of protectant / sealant that you may be able to apply.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's 2 bolts on each side that will directly bolt up, a 3rd hole needed to be drilled. Also, there will be extra holes that the stock spoiler uses that needs to be filled.

Thanks for the heads up, any advice on the protectant? I don't know how to clean this thing, microfiber cloth doesn't seem to be working well with the dry carbon..lol

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, any advice on the protectant? I don't know how to clean this thing, microfiber cloth doesn't seem to be working well with the dry carbon..lol
Sorry, I dont have any advice. I just saw a weathered wing in person and it looked like shit up close. The profile from afar was great.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Looking real good! Did you fill the five holes that remain after installing the Esprit wing? I have a similar wing and I am considering having it sprayed with a satin clear coat with UV protection to prevent the fading mentioned above.

I am also contemplating getting that front lip as it does look real good and i am sure it will match my GT-RR carbon grill.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Looks really great! My favorite combination - red 2012 + Esprit wing!!

If you're worried about the carbon fading, you have a couple options. One of which is a bit complicated to type out, so contact us and we can fill you in on the details.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looking real good! Did you fill the five holes that remain after installing the Esprit wing? I have a similar wing and I am considering having it sprayed with a satin clear coat with UV protection to prevent the fading mentioned above.

I am also contemplating getting that front lip as it does look real good and i am sure it will match my GT-RR carbon grill.
Not yet, Im gonna need to take it to a bodyshop to get it filled. satin clear coat is a good idea, i might go that route too.

Front lip is definitely a good buy, can't get better with the price and the good quality.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
looks awesome! the wing looks so good in person! great choice to bad photos dont give it justice!

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Looks great on the red.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.