Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,765 Posts

This weekend we just completed a two day driving school. It went great.

While some drivers did one day and others both days, I think all of them were pleased with what we learned and as a result I think we can be our own coaches and help one another to practice being better at our sport. The fundamental skills learned apply to all performance driving and helps with car control.

The instructors said they would like to have another event in the future and enjoyed working with our group. We can do another basic course for the benefit of those at were not able to attend this weekend and do more advanced work for those that want it too.

Two days back to back is pretty tiring but workable. Just make the next autocross event two weeks into the future not one.

The 30 student and 5 instructor mix worked great with plenty of course workers and a brisk pace that allowed us to drive 24 runs per student for each day, Just bring your lightweight running shoes and a bucket load of energy.

I think January of each year is actually pretty ideal for the relatively cooler weather even with a bit of rain possible- it was clear this weekend and even cloudy today for our benefit.

However don't think that a little rain would spoil anything because Evo school runs rain or shine and in fact the instructors love to have some dampness to make the students drive that much better under slick conditions.

So I will post in this thread to let Hawaii Folks know if we will have a future Evo Driving School. Perhaps January 2013.

A word about signing up. Rough cost was $285 per day per driver. Phase 1 needs to be taken before Phase 2 or other advanced courses. Even if sign up is full get on the wait list and be ready- some people signed up but could not attend so next in line was contacted. You will need an SCCA weekend or annual membership to participate.

It is a closed event, drivers and only invited guests, no public spectating. Lunch and drinks provided for drivers and SCCA volunteers only, guests should bring their own food and drink.

For any driver of a performance car, this course would be ideal. The phase 1 course would be enough to learn car control and get started if you have limited time or funds. If you only have a family car, if you have something that doesn't have a high center of gravity like an SUV or Minivan then you should be OK. Most two or four door cars are fine. Performance tires are not required.

The instructors had rented a new Nissan Maxima on All Season tires and had no trouble driving the course to test it out.

For EVO school
http://www.evoschool.com/

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This was popular and sold out quickly.

Back by demand, there will be another EVO school at Aloha Stadium lower parking lot area on
Jan. 19-21, three days, all phases offered, from novice to experienced.

Roughly $285 per day estimated.

Mark your calendars, I'll be there all 3 days.

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For those interested in a driving school in Hawaii this is the only game in town so save the dates.

Which classes will be offered is being discussed and figured out. Likely Phase 1 and phase 2 which are good for nearly anyone with interest in car control and performance driving. Something more advanced likely to be offered as well.

Very busy driving schedule for the whole day once it starts up roughly get there 730am and start driver's meeting by about 830-845am then full on until closing at 5pm, hardly a break for lunch (another driver's meeting).
No half day schedule.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.