1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
I remember when Mitsubishi released the statement that all of their cars are going to undergo changes towards hybrid and electric - but I was NOT expecting the EVO to be one tof them. I was expecting this project to die off. I'm not sure if I'm happy about this or not.

That being said - I'd LOVE a hybrid GT-R (but only in the manner the prototype Porsche 918 Spyder is going to be a hybrid).

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im all for hybrids... drive a Hybrid as a people hauler... but I dont know if its a great performance platform, given weight and battery engery depletion... the CRZ is bombing... havent had any 918 spyder orders yet lol, and we are in Bethesda/Potomac Maryland near DC...

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Interesting...

Most evo enthusiasts like to modify their cars -- many of them will have to start over once they get into the Hybrid scene. Are there a lot of shops out there that modify hybrid vehicles? Not really (at least, not yet...)

Diesel will be a good run for torque - we'll have to see what numbers they put down.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
That EVO is full of fail, I personally hate all hybrid sports cars, the prius type cars is where the technology should remain. Not for sports cars, IMO having power that is limited to having been regenerated under breaking is not having real power, its only adding weight and things that can break and go wrong. If I buy a 530hp GTR for example I want all 530 all the time, a hybrid if its a push to pass KERS system is sorta like NOS, fake hp that runs out in a few seconds.

Shame on auto-manufactures for trying to sell us this sporty hybrid crap.... the sad thing is if they push enough of this sh-t on us and do it without though of the performance minded owner, the general population will buy it up and love them for it.

·
Registered
805 Posts
That is the death of a great car. RIP Evolution.

·
R35
1,312 Posts
I can only see this working if it has a very small battery pack for short F1 KERS-like bursts of extra power. Otherwise imagine what 500lbs in battery weight will do to handling.

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Isn't the next GTR supposedly a hybrid as well?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
my evo will be th last non hybrid one, they can hybrid all their cars and exclude the evo. un less it is 1000hp hybrid but can you imagine the maintenance of that.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I don't think any Evo has ever been disappointing, so i will reserve judgement on this one until it hits the streets! We all gotta change with the times...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts