Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Will trade patents for car parts
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to give a quick shout-out to Fontana Nissan's Race/Service department. I had a POS service and oil change performed there today, and I cannot say enough about the quality of service I received. In particular, I had the opportunity to speak with one of their GT-R master techs (Chris) for quite a while--which is unusual in and of itself--and I was so impressed with his knowledge of the GT-R as well as all of the aftermarket options available for the GT-R. Similarly, I spoke with Juan quite a bit and was equally impressed with his knowledge and willingness to help me chart out my upgrade path. Finally, thanks to Herman for helping schedule my appointment without much notice and getting my car in/out on time.

Even though I have to drive about 1.5-2 hours each way from San Diego, the trip to Fontana Nissan is totally worth it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Yeah Chris did my 1k mile POS shortly after I got my GT-R and he did an outstanding job! I'm at almost 5k miles now and I have even tire wear on all four tires which is what I wanted (tire optimization alignment setting). I was going to head out that way for my 6 month service this week but ended up just going to my local dealership as I only needed the inspection part of it done (I do my own oil changes). I will definitely head back out there for my 12 month POS though.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I like that shop a lot, but I do not believe they do factory warranty services for free.
Plus for something like POS services paid for by Nissan it's definitely worth the drive to have it done not only for free but also by a very knowledgeable GT-R technician. Of course if the car is out of the three year bumper to bumper that would be different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts