Nissan GT-R Forum banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,960 Posts
I was hoping for a suggestion I have looked at a few, also wondering what load rating I was thinking 800lb would be the minimum, looking at 1100-1800lb

This is how I did my transmission .. ill have to dig up the pics it was fun.
Harbor freight has a 1000lb one that will do the job.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Update:

Got the compression test done today, don't know what it "should be" but it checks out within 8% across all cylinders and within 5% on either bank, visually looking at the intake valves with the intake off, everything looks okay, don't have a scope but I didn't see any witness marks on any of the pistons through the intake valve or the plug hole with the pistons in various locations up and down the cylinder.

I think the next step is to get the front cover back off and re-inspect the timing, for the life of me I cant find the source of this noise.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
hi did you ever to the bottom of this yet ive had the same issue
Sad to report, no not yet. I have been around and around with the company I bought my 2 post lift from (Derek Weaver) for the last 4 months and now I am back to requesting a refund and trying to find something else in stock. I have basically bought all new timing components, all gears, chains guides and tensionros to replace. I am going to set the timing from scratch as soon as I can get the motor out. I did take the bank 2 valve cover off to visually inspect on monday and unfortunitly didnt find anything out of sorts.

What issue are you running into?

·
Registered
3 Posts
so those fibre washers on my car broke up during operation, not them all but 2 and they seemed to be broken up into my vvt hub and blocked it causing the cam advance to do weird things can be ok 1 minute and sticking the next also small parts were found in the sump

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
so those fibre washers on my car broke up during operation, not them all but 2 and they seemed to be broken up into my vvt hub and blocked it causing the cam advance to do weird things can be ok 1 minute and sticking the next also small parts were found in the sump
What was your fix? I dont think mine broke up at all, but of course the metal went somewhere. were you able to clean the stands and continue to use them with new seals? What about the intake cam gear?

·
Registered
3 Posts
What was your fix? I dont think mine broke up at all, but of course the metal went somewhere. were you able to clean the stands and continue to use them with new seals? What about the intake cam gear?

i bought 2 new cam gears and have not yet fitted them i will let you know how i get on, the covers are fine no damage only the broken black seals

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Are you going to be doing this work yourself? I may be able to give you a few pointers this will be the third time I've had the front timing cover off of mine.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Well some updates, lift finally came and I got it installed over the weekend. After testing it over night with my truck, and knocking out a brake job on my wife's SUV I felt safe enough to load the GTR up and get to work.

Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Tire Tread

81 - 90 of 90 Posts