Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow nissan gtr owners, i wanted to know if anyone has gotten a fix it ticket for a loud exhaust and if so, what kind of exhaust did u have?
im getting the titanium tip aam sport exhaust w non resonated midpipe installed later next week so im kind of worried it would attract po po's to pull me over for the no reason. thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will be ok unless you get downpipes... Most of the "loundess" comes from downpipes and midpipe fyi

P.S. I see you live in La Canada... I live there also :-D
haha no way..u live in lc? u have a r32...havent seen it around.
does having the downpipe installed w it make a big enough difference in sound?

·
Registered
601 Posts
You drive the GT-R, how are cops going to catch you in the first place?

I kid, I kid

·
I'm everywhere.
857 Posts
yep most of the rasp will come from the downpipes, with the midpipe usually being the one provides the bass in the exhaust note.

and LC! I don't live there, but my girlfriend lives in La Crescenta so every now and then you should see me rolling around

·
Registered
366 Posts
I think it all depends on the cop... if the exhaust is obnoxiously loud obviously you have a high chance of any cop giving you a ticket. Then you have those cops that has nothing to do or having a bad day and will give you a ticket even with the quietest aftermarket exhaust system. Also depends on how you drive...some guys are heavier on gas then others. I noticed on mine with HKS non-resonated mid pipe and HKS Legamax cat back it only gets really loud around mid rpm range and up. I don't know how LC cops are sensitive to exhaust but from what I remember it wasn't too bad. Maybe things have changed since the last time I lived there.

I grew up in LC a long time ago... went to Paradise Canyon elementary and LCHS JHS and HS. Lived off of Gould and Knight Way... Went up and down the crest countless number of times. Try not to take the R35 up there...just keep it at the track and be safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.