Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I did a lot of research on here and elsewhere as to what to do with my car. I decided to go the full bolt on E85 route. I knew I wanted it on Ecutek as they are way ahead of the game. I decided I'd have Bill from Sprayitracing tune my car as he's semi local to me and has nothing but good reviews.

I still needed a shop to do my build. That's where Douglas and Fabshopmiami come in. I met Doug at the beach party this year. After only a few minutes talking to Doug it became obvious that he is OCD to the 10th degree when it comes to his cars. I mean seriously, this man has a panic attack if all the nuts and bolts on the car aren't alligned the same. I was lucky enough to meet some of Doug's customers and get their feedback on the Fabshop experience.

The sunday of the beach party weekend I visited Doug's shop to get a better feel for him. This man was nice enough to squeeze me in for an oil change right on the spot on a freaking sunday.

By that night we had a plan of action and a parts list. A few days later I sent Doug a wire transfer and litteraly within 10 minutes of getting my transfer he called to let me know the parts were ordered and on the way. Doug was really on top of the communication game. I'd get pictures of my parts instanly as they came in. I swear it felt like Christmas every time a new picture came in.

Once all the parts were in we locked in a date. I told him I'd drop the car off on the 20th of October and I could not pick it up for 2 weeks. Again this dude met me on a Sunday so that I could drop off the car. I picked up my rental, dropped off the car and off to Orlando I went,

That same Sunday night I check my email and BAM I have pics of my car up on the lift. Downpipes done, injectors done, spark plugs done, intake manifold swapped. (he swapped mine for a black one he had so that it would look better) The days that followed were super exciting as a new picture and update would appear all the time. My car was finished WAY ahead of schedule and put away to wait for me safely tucked in it's car cover.

Friday Nov. 1st I drove down to Miami from Orlando with a friend to pick up my car. Again Doug went out of his way to make sure everything could be done on my timeframe even though he had a family vacation that he had planned way before I had even met him. I got my car and headed to the hotel. Later that night I linked up with some friends of Doug for some track time at PBIR. Needless to say the car ran flawlessly. The next day my friend and I linked up with the same great group of guys for some after hours Mexico runs.

Anyways here's the parts list:

Gotboost 3" intakes

Gotboost 3" intercooler pipes

Gtc inlets

Tial BOV's

AMS downpipes

ASNU injectors

AMS race intercooler

ECUtek tuned by [email protected]

Bill did an ecellent tune on my car. The car runs beast. He was kind enough to also give up a Sunday to tune my car. Thanks Bill!

This thing is a BEAST!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
It was nice to meet you down there at the strip on Friday. Car looks great!

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
Thanks Steve, it was nice to meet you too. Btw nice job on the 8.888
Next time you are planning to head down there let Bill know and you can swing by his shop before you go and borrow my old set of drag wheels/tires. 18" wheels and M&H tires with some decent tread left. They are just sitting there in his shop.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Thanks for the Kind words

Glad the car is running good

The tune is not on the edge, and the car still runs great!

Friday was a great day at the track. 4 SiR Tuned GT-R's running great!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I guess it is time to run your car with vbox again
Goon: Absolutely! Getting new tires this Tuesday or Wednesday so we can go out after then. Can't wait to run your car again.

Steve: Thanks for the offer brother. If I get back down to MIA soon which I hope to do I'll take you up on that offer.

Bill: You reep what you sow brother. Kind words for a good guy and awesome tuner!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Alex thanks a lot for the kind words. I'm glad that you are happy with everything. Lmk when you want to do the next stage.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alex thanks a lot for the kind words. I'm glad that you are happy with everything. Lmk when you want to do the next stage.
Next stage? Shhhhhh! My car is stock Doug, what are you talking about? lol

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Congrats Alex, I really enjoy reading great write-up's like this!

You picked a great tuner and shop combo!
Thanks Doug3226, you're right about that. I could not be happier.

I'd also like to point out that Douglas did some other trick shit to my car that shall remain private. My car runs beast. I asked for a car that would run x.xx times in good conditions and he delivered a car that runs that in shit conditions, full tank of gas and bald ass stock runflats.

Thanks to Doug I have a met a great group of guys down in South Florida who do a shit ton of racing. I have some what of a rivalry with one in particular, his car is almost dead even with mine. I'd like to say I whooped his ass but that's not the truth. When I did get a clean run I edged him out by a fender but honestly think that run was a fluke. I just ordered new wheels and tires this morning and they are coming in Thursday. Hopefully I can get back down to Miami soon and have a rematch with a lot more traction.

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
I like the piping!....lol.

Engine bay looks great and you couldn't have had a better twosome working on your car than Doug and Bill!

They are a couple of the best in the business.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Doug and Bill are both top notch. Congrats on your mods, install and tune. lt sounds like it's only the beginning. Your car is in good hands :thumbs up:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Doug and Bill are both top notch. Congrats on your mods, install and tune. lt sounds like it's only the beginning. Your car is in good hands :thumbs up:
doctorspeed: Thanks bro for taking the time to answer all of my questions about your car and your Fabshop and Sprayitracing experience.

·
EVL-R35
575 Posts
Thanks earico.

Thanks Doug3226, you're right about that. I could not be happier.

I'd also like to point out that Douglas did some other trick shit to my car that shall remain private. My car runs beast. I asked for a car that would run x.xx times in good conditions and he delivered a car that runs that in shit conditions, full tank of gas and bald ass stock runflats.

Thanks to Doug I have a met a great group of guys down in South Florida who do a shit ton of racing. I have some what of a rivalry with one in particular, his car is almost dead even with mine. I'd like to say I whooped his ass but that's not the truth. When I did get a clean run I edged him out by a fender but honestly think that run was a fluke. I just ordered new wheels and tires this morning and they are coming in Thursday. Hopefully I can get back down to Miami soon and have a rematch with a lot more traction.
Ohhh man you've only been here to Miami once with your car and you've already got rivalry? Damnnnn whenever you come back call me. I'll take care of him for you. Ill show that bad boy who's BOSS ROUND HEAAA! Lol
Nice to see you down here again!
Had a great night at the track with you,Steve,Bill and the rest of the crew!
Needles to say a great time in our Miami controlled environment street races on Saturday! Car looks good and runs even better! Good kill on that 750+HP EVO! We will have the videos ready soon!

Sent from my iPhone using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
591 Posts
You guys are nuts. I remember when I would race like this and fight @the handouts. Ask Jesus we were pretty crazy!

·
EVL-R35
575 Posts
You guys are nuts. I remember when I would race like this and fight @the handouts. Ask Jesus we were pretty crazy!
Man I'm still young "NOT" but fuck it I feel young lol.
When we were out Saturday night,someone started screaming cops cops cops cops one of the guys said Jesus your wife "she's a LEO" is here,and I said yeah and she's running so you better run too! Doug those days are unforgettable I guess that's why I went back at this

Sent from my iPhone using GT-R Life mobile app

1 - 20 of 75 Posts