Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
18,289 Posts
Let me ask a question here... how many of your "JDM" parts do you think are actually made in Japan? how many of your "USA Made" parts do you actually think are made int he USA? Lets be honest a real here lots of parts are made overseas all that really matters to be in the quality of the product. You can get GREAT quality products out of Taiwan, China, etc. they do still offer a QC process which allows the purchaser to get great products and no issues.

There are Taiwan companies on this boards as sponsors also...

-Jade

·
AMGfan
2,786 Posts
Let me ask a question here... how many of your "JDM" parts do you think are actually made in Japan? how many of your "USA Made" parts do you actually think are made int he USA? Lets be honest a real here lots of parts are made overseas all that really matters to be in the quality of the product. You can get GREAT quality products out of Taiwan, China, etc. they do still offer a QC process which allows the purchaser to get great products and no issues.

-Jade
Agreed...cheap labor doesn't automatically equate to bad quality...heck most of the carbon fiber work and steering wheel mods are farmed out to SE asia and I've been pretty happy with the majority of work I've gotten. When it comes to the materials used then you may have issues there but that is where we as consumers need to do our due diligence by asking the right questions from our vendors...AND hold them to task when a product you receive is not up to par.

I do agree if a vendor/company uses (made in the USA) as a selling point then I would have issues, too. Transparency would be nice but just doing the builds on my cars, I know that is not always the case.

18,289 Posts
Fabspeed does have lots of products they do make in house I have personally seen this with my own eyes. They have been around for a long time serving the community for Porsche and Ferrari parts I have yet to have someone complain about the quality of their products.

-Jade

·
Registered
335 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts

-Jade
Doesn't matter. If they say Made in the USA and only ASSEMBLY in the USA then that is a dishonest business practice. Just be honest with your customers, it would go a long way in the Tuner business as a whole.

18,289 Posts
Doesn't matter. If they say Made in the USA and only ASSEMBLY in the USA then that is a dishonest business practice. Just be honest with your customers, it would go a long way in the Tuner business as a whole.
By no means making an excuse for them just getting people to open their eyes a little more to other companies out there. Again Fabspeed does make A LOT of their products in the USA as far as im concerned, I personally havent seen everything they manufacture in person but I have seen a decent amount.

-Jade

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
+1 on vivid's comments

after switzergate on that blown apart jiajun midpipe, i would have thought members had realised by now even the hallowed tuners on this board seek parts from the emerging industrial leaders

re 'made in usa', it's a play of words based on percentage of fabrication i believe - in Aus there is a specific percentage of work that needs to be performed before companies are allowed to use the copyright made in aus label

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Ding ding ding! Exactly. I didn't read the entire thread, but IF a company claims they engineer, R&D and PRODUCE a product in the USA, and then directly lie about it's origin that is a really bad business practice and I would question their business ethics. Sure, everyone know that many products are produced overseas but if asked directly once should answer honestly. Fabspeed is a great company in many ways, and they sell very good products. I hope this isn't true about them.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you condoning their business practice? If not, I don't understand your post. if you told me the parts are made in japan or usa I expect them to be as such. Does Vivid sell parts that is noted to be made in japan but it's really made in china just because "it the way it is"?

Tawian & China makes great products, but that has nothing to do with what this thread is about.

And the comment regarding no one complaining about fabspeed products, come on, let's get real.
Finally, where do you get your Agency Power 430 headers from?

-Jade

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts

-Jade
Seriously?? I would hope that as a forum sponsor you would not be "OK" with advertising a product on your site as "Made in Japan" when it was actually fab'd in some Chinese sweatshop using questionable material. It is not a matter of a location's ability to produce a quality product, but your responsibility (along with a manufacturer) to represent the product accurately.

18,289 Posts
Seriously?? I would hope that as a forum sponsor you would not be "OK" with advertising a product on your site as "Made in Japan" when it was actually fab'd in some Chinese sweatshop using questionable material. It is not a matter of a location's ability to produce a quality product, but your responsibility (along with a manufacturer) to represent the product accurately.
I am by NO means OK with this at all. I asked a question, the question was to get people to think.

-Jade

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
I am by NO means OK with this at all. -Jade
Ok, yes you are and also if you truly want to be a man of your word drop off a couple of bags of food at the local food bank to see what your so-called ideas of buying from Panda land does to the american worker. Its a nce rewarding experience. Btw if you want to light up a fire on fab-speed ask them if their headers are CARB legal for street use.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Ding ding ding! Exactly. I didn't read the entire thread, but IF a company claims they engineer, R&D and PRODUCE a product in the USA, and then directly lie about it's origin that is a really bad business practice and I would question their business ethics. Sure, everyone know that many products are produced overseas but if asked directly once should answer honestly. Fabspeed is a great company in many ways, and they sell very good products. I hope this isn't true about them.
This makes no sense at all.......................

·
SF Bay Area Member
548 Posts
I have a Porsche and Fabspeed has been building good quality parts for some time. I read through that soap opera post and my conclusion is that you simply shouldn't tout Made in the USA unless the items involved in the final product are actually from USA! That's really the core of the issue.

·
Enthusiast
755 Posts
In fact JIM is a pretty big manufacturer for many brands : fabspeed, agency power, DEKA, cargraphic, innotech, and their products are pretty good quality, don't fear the "made in taiwan" i just wishes tuner were more transparents with their sources.

eg : for GTR

the jim exhaust : http://www.jim.com.tw/ (click nissan then GTR)
cast DP

y pipe

catback valvetronic

tip (and chrome black like AP)

now deka exhaust :

cast DP :

midpipe

catback valvetronic

now innotech :
cast dp (catted visible on jim website, same as deka & AP catted)

midpipe and catback : same as above, same valvetronic, same tips :

now AP :

same all, lazy to find each picture :

now on MB 63 AMG

AP :

Innotech :

Cargraphic :

notice, same welds, same cast merge, same cast inlets

On porsche :

Fabspeed :

Innotech :

Both made by JIM...

Now on ferrari go to see on Fchat lazy to post the evidences.

So I repeat tuners may be more straight forward, now they can play on their support like free installation, or lifetime warranty to stick up ahead the group but those are all the same parts ! Some good sense should figure out, I am not bashing any of the products which are all good quality but some "producers" clearly lie about these parts.

PS: sorry for my english, not my first langage

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
tuners are riding the wave of MASSIVE markups sourcing their parts from Asia while they can

1 - 20 of 41 Posts