Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
GoldMember
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally the R35 is getting some Fast & Furious attention from Hollywood.

According to the attached article the movie will feature an R35 which has reportedly been upgraded with a Switzer P800 package.

See the full article:
http://www.edmunds.c...issan-gt-r.html

·
e85 member
2,724 Posts
Yeah, that GT-R is only seen for a few seconds at the very end of the movie--it's not even driving, it's parked :(

·
GoldMember
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, that GT-R is only seen for a few seconds at the very end of the movie--it's not even driving, it's parked :(
Didn't they do that to us last time???

I guess Nissan isn't ponying up enough $$$ to Universal Studios to get more screen time.

There was a pre-release showing last night in Cleveland which I learned about 30 minutes after the movie started. They had it in other cities as well. Did anyone make it to one?

·
Front Mount 2500 HP
3,696 Posts
My guess would be that this GTR may be in Fast 7 as its already under production.

On another note ... I love the Ben Sopra kit on the GTR and the matte metallic blue really makes it look fabulous

·
SPI Performance Consultant
2,997 Posts
I have to give Ricky and his crew at R's Tuning thanks for making this come together. His P800 was one of the earlier ones we shipped out and it's been running great for years now.

Ricky, I owe you one.

·
Boost Junky
4,007 Posts
That's awesome. lol

·
NJ Strong
1,296 Posts
im going this friday to see the flick...i got my GT-R apparel all ready

·
e85 member
2,724 Posts
Didn't they do that to us last time???

I guess Nissan isn't ponying up enough $$$ to Universal Studios to get more screen time.

There was a pre-release showing last night in Cleveland which I learned about 30 minutes after the movie started. They had it in other cities as well. Did anyone make it to one?
Yes, I went to a pre-screening. There's another GT-R in it (what appears to be a mostly stock super silver CBA), it's like a 2 minute scene.

·
GoldMember
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, I went to a pre-screening. There's another GT-R in it (what appears to be a mostly stock super silver CBA), it's like a 2 minute scene.
I'm going tonight. Wifey is pissed because she can't go..........

·
Founder/Admin
26,341 Posts
its a CBA and DBA at the same time lol.. it switched back in forth in the first scene

·
e85 member
2,724 Posts
its a CBA and DBA at the same time lol.. it switched back in forth in the first scene
Hahaha, I didn't notice that. Wheels and front bumper switch?

·
Front Mount 2500 HP
3,696 Posts
Hahaha, I didn't notice that. Wheels and front bumper switch?
It seemed as if they shot one clip with the CBA at the time of F5 and they shot new clips of DBA afterwards and kind of just merged them together.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Yup, just saw it. Glad to see that the GT-R is well represented in the beginning scenes although they make it look like a manual with a shifter. I heard everyone saying "GT-R!" in the crowd at the movie... Good stuff...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts