Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post yours up. I started this because I was just rereading "MT's 2011 MT Best Driver's Car article" and love the opening paragraph. Especially the last line, which comes from one of Ferrari's chief engineers...

When we have the 458 Italia at a track, Ferrari ships out the car's affable, smartly dressed, and wonderfully Italian chassis engineer, Lucca Torre. Just to keep an eye on things. Aside from reminding Randy and Justin (though not me) to push (pronounced "poosh") the yellow demon harder, Lucca tells great stories. Like the one about Ferrari's zillion-dollar supercomputer simulator. Essentially, you dump a given car's vital stats into the system, and the simulator tells you how fast that car can go around a given track. "Knowing what we know, we can't figure out how the GT-R goes around the Nurburgring so fast."

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
" if the GT-R would be a person, it would be Adrian Neuwy" from powered up DVD .

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"They haven't built a new car here... they've built a new yardstick."
"It corners faster than electricity."

Jeremy Clarkson
lol... your second one is in my sig.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I like Nissan's slogan about the GTR: "Anyone, anytime, anywhere" It speaks very much to it's driveability and it's performance.

About launch control:
"To give you some idea of what it feels like to unleash the launch control in a GTR, Imagine it's a lovely afternoon and you're sitting in your garden in a deck chair reading a magazine. Now imagine someone drives into the back of you at 100 mph. That is what it feels like." -Jeremy Clarkson

·
Registered
59 Posts
my fave comes from the MT car of the year article:

"none, regardless of talent, could dispute the GT-R's ability to leave mouths agape and spines tingling. Its mind-blowing faculties seemingly blur the line between surreality and reality-what a fantastical "Anyone, anytime, anywhere" supercar should do."

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
"the GTR is a different type of Supercar"

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
It exists for one reason and one reason only-to kick holy ass. And kick ass it does. You don't have to like it. You just have to stay the hell out of its way---Automobile magazine.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
It exists for one reason and one reason only-to kick holy ass. And kick ass it does. You don't have to like it. You just have to stay the hell out of its way---Automobile magazine.
+1 on that!

·
Registered
977 Posts
"it feels mechanical, it feels analog, it feels human, it feels fanbleedingtastic"

"the acceleration is just blistering, it's just savage, face ripping"

Jeremy Clarkson

·
Registered
809 Posts
"I'm starting to feel that I could get emotionally involved with this car... Let me drop it down a gear and see... Check the pull!... OK, I think I'm emotionally involved. Time to call the wife. Honey, I met something, another car. Not to take your place, just something different."

Jay Leno, April 2008

1 - 12 of 12 Posts