Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Sorry to start a new thread, dint want to wake up old ones. I was previously on the verge of going from FBO to Alpha 9 or similar with a budget, but with that cost I prefer purchasing a Cobra replica that I've been looking for for that same price and then later on do the big GTR upgrades. For now I'm thinking of going e85 and need some advice with expectations and mods

My current FBO mods on 93
Catless downpipes
Catted midpipes
Exhaust
3'' intakes
Asnu 1100 injectors
Cobb v3-005

Questions

1) I daily the GTR, and I'm NEVER ever planing to sell it. Ive read in some topics that e85 can wear the engine in the long term, will going e85 damage the car in the long run? I don't track or drag.

2) All I would need are: Fuel pumps, Flex fuel kit, and a tune of course, Correct?

3) What additives do I need to clean fuel and injectors, and how often?

4) My mileage has dropped since FBO 93, I refill at around (180 miles) when driving in city. Will that be much less with e85?

5) just to be safe on stock motor and transmission, I should limit to 600whp/600wtq right? btw are those dyno or mustang numbers?

Thanks !!

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think ill do that too, i feel its a better/easier step to jump from FBO 93 to e85 rather than going straight into a big build.. And cost as well.

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Droptopp, so you're saying clutch will definitely slip? Does that mean i have to take down transmission, send to shep to just upgrade clutch basket or superstock? Or can my tune shop do that if its simple?

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,936 Posts
Ah that comforts me a lot! I have the cobb without the tcm... U think the tuner could up the clutch while tuning, instead of me having to upgrade to TCM?

Also, do i really need a billet pump?

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So is all i need:

Visconti v2 flex fuel kit
Denso 265lph fuel pumps?
Clutch relearn with TCM

? Thanks guys

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,936 Posts
True... So i should also wait and not upgrade the billet pumps.

I dont track. I just want to have option to run e85 and just refuel 93 whenever im not near a corn station and have the motor run forever without future damages

Btw, might get Tial QR bovs... Still won't need speed density yes?

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hmm considering the tials qr and sd kit...

Just not sure if i want to, if i dont rlly need it. Unless i get a kickass deal:p

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I launched 3 times when car was stock. Never did after FBO and won't until I up trans

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
With all the transmission stories on here i just feel more comfortable not launching the car until i upgrade the transmission for a future build.

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,936 Posts
I have over 200 launches on my FBO e85 setup with no issues. I just cut a 1.52 60ft on Thursday. Tranny is perfect. That being said, Im having a Shep 2.5 built (bought a core tranny to build) for my Alpha 9+ setup going in.
yeah i know im paranoid lol. but im excited to go e85 i think its the right next step for me, and then save the bigger build for later. I went to the closest e85 station and they had a sign saying no more e85 :(

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
for e85, do I really need a oil catch can?? or can i run it for a few 1000 miles and then maybe do the cans some other time?

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
got my new dyno numbers, Added:
-Fmic
-Visconti flex fuel
-asnu 330lph pumps

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
BTW, from last night until now, the cabin smells like a gas tank...its unbearable and i'm mostly worried for my dog, when he's riding with me!

Taking it for an interior clean today...any idea of how to kill and remove the fumes !? help plz!

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,936 Posts
Go e85 asap. ;) the fume issue used to come and go but once I switched to e85, the smell never came back

Sent from Galaxy NOTE 5
I did switch to e85 last night!!:D Visconti v2, fuel pumps, and fmic. Im assuming the fumes are due to pumps being changed and its killing me now.

603whp/605wtq on pump 93
646whp/661wtq on e85--e75 atm
Dynojet

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.