Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
E85 is good but you need to datalog on a regular basis imo. Fuel trims are rising with each tank of E85 you run. The fuel filters arent made for E85 so they get clogged.

I see two solutions for this, one is to modify your fuel pump basket with new E85 compatible pre and post filters, second is to buy Viscontis new billet pump assembly with servicable pre and post filter.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Droptopp, so you're saying clutch will definitely slip? Does that mean i have to take down transmission, send to shep to just upgrade clutch basket or superstock? Or can my tune shop do that if its simple?
No, you can just up your clutch capacity on Ecutek, think you can do it on a Cobb device too? Not sure tho. Might need a NIS-006 for that.

I'm not saying that you definitely are going to have problems running E85, just that i wouldnt feel good driving around for longer periods of time without datalogging. I know people that was running FBO E85 for two years straight without any problems, when i told them to datalog they found high STFTs, IDC over 100% and of course some knock

·
Registered
361 Posts
Ah that comforts me a lot! I have the cobb without the tcm... U think the tuner could up the clutch while tuning, instead of me having to upgrade to TCM?

Also, do i really need a billet pump?
No u dont need it. But i know that the filters will degrade over time so i am going to get it as i plan to continue run e85

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.