Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
I've been running FBO e85 for about 10,000 miles now with great success. I don't have any issues at all but here's what I do to prevent that. I change my oil every 2000 miles and I change my filter every other oil change. I add Lucas ethanol treatment to every tank of ethanol I run and I try to run at least one tank of regular 93 unleaded through per month. That combination works great to keep your injectors and fuel system clean. Because of the added torque, I've had to up my clutch capacities, but only at the drag strip. On the street, you can keep them the same. Hope this helps

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
Btw- it only takes about 10 minutes for me to change my oil and that includes jacking the car up. I have a 2014 which has a removable cover for the oil drain plug. I've heard older cars do not have this cover so it may take a little longer if you have an 09 or 10.

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
No, you don't need SD with TiAL QR, as they are recirculating just like OE BOVs are.
Correct. Q is vent to atmosphere and QR is recirculate.

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
With all the transmission stories on here i just feel more comfortable not launching the car until i upgrade the transmission for a future build.
I have over 200 launches on my FBO e85 setup with no issues. I just cut a 1.52 60ft on Thursday. Tranny is perfect. That being said, Im having a Shep 2.5 built (bought a core tranny to build) for my Alpha 9+ setup going in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.