Nissan GT-R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
when i tried speed density, the shifting was a bit off. Dont fix what isnt broke. stay on maf.

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,939 Posts
True... So i should also wait and not upgrade the billet pumps.

I dont track. I just want to have option to run e85 and just refuel 93 whenever im not near a corn station and have the motor run forever without future damages

Btw, might get Tial QR bovs... Still won't need speed density yes?

·
Registered
312 Posts
True... So i should also wait and not upgrade the billet pumps.

I dont track. I just want to have option to run e85 and just refuel 93 whenever im not near a corn station and have the motor run forever without future damages

Btw, might get Tial QR bovs... Still won't need speed density yes?
I would do SD kit with the tials.

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hmm considering the tials qr and sd kit...

Just not sure if i want to, if i dont rlly need it. Unless i get a kickass deal:p

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hmm considering the tials qr and sd kit...

Just not sure if i want to, if i dont rlly need it. Unless i get a kickass deal:p
I would check with your tuner first before buying though. Depending on your elevation etc, they may have different recommendations for you instead of doing a speed density kit. Makes things a little tricky on their end.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
No need for SD running FBO E85.

·
Pew Pew
659 Posts
2015 Fbo e85 flex fuel Ben L tune here for 6500+mi now.

No issues, I have sent many logs to Ben to be reviewed as I'm super ocd about the littlest variance in knock or fuel trim or anything each one he says is totally fine.

I uped my CC to +2 and dialed backed the TP to -1, less rattle that way drives great.

I recommend either asnu or DW 65c fuel pumps, gotboost flex fuel kit and Ben Linney for a tune as he is super knowledgeable.

Talk to Ben 1st, b4 you buy anything...

Sent from my HTC6535LVW
I run the same exact setup from Ben L. Make about 615 tq safelt. I'm +2, +2, 0, 0. May try +2, +2, -1, -1. I only started slipping when it got cold out.

I add a few ounces Lucas oil e85 additive every other tank. Checked injectors after 3000 miles with no issues, sludge or build up. I have really good e85 in my area. Usually 83-88%.

·
Pew Pew
659 Posts
Then make your own gas station

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
You can increase clutch capacity on your cobb access port to resolve the clutch slip, no need to do any mechanical changes to the transmission at FBO E85.
It is absolutely MIND BOGGELING how many people have gone FBO and are at the stock 0 0 Clutch Capacitance and had no idea why they were having issues when launching. This should be a RED ALERT STICKY on every relevant section on any GT-R forum!

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I launched 3 times when car was stock. Never did after FBO and won't until I up trans

·
Registered
285 Posts
I launched 3 times when car was stock. Never did after FBO and won't until I up trans
Why? The trans can handle it. All it does is spin the tires and you can lower your launch rpms to help w that, or put some better tires on it. Now I did have some clutch slip from a roll when stabbing the throttle in 3rd gear at 4k rpms but my tuner quickly fixed it with one etune update (car was originally dyno tuned, and all of this was done before cobbs traction control update). BTW my car is a 93 octane alpha 7, no e85

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
With all the transmission stories on here i just feel more comfortable not launching the car until i upgrade the transmission for a future build.

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
With all the transmission stories on here i just feel more comfortable not launching the car until i upgrade the transmission for a future build.
I have over 200 launches on my FBO e85 setup with no issues. I just cut a 1.52 60ft on Thursday. Tranny is perfect. That being said, Im having a Shep 2.5 built (bought a core tranny to build) for my Alpha 9+ setup going in.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.