Nissan GT-R Forum banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,934 Posts
I have over 200 launches on my FBO e85 setup with no issues. I just cut a 1.52 60ft on Thursday. Tranny is perfect. That being said, Im having a Shep 2.5 built (bought a core tranny to build) for my Alpha 9+ setup going in.
yeah i know im paranoid lol. but im excited to go e85 i think its the right next step for me, and then save the bigger build for later. I went to the closest e85 station and they had a sign saying no more e85 :(

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
^^ Worse than me going to best E85 station in town for first drag session fill up, only to find they were closed!

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
for e85, do I really need a oil catch can?? or can i run it for a few 1000 miles and then maybe do the cans some other time?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Btw- it only takes about 10 minutes for me to change my oil and that includes jacking the car up. I have a 2014 which has a removable cover for the oil drain plug. I've heard older cars do not have this cover so it may take a little longer if you have an 09 or 10.
I think they changed this for 2015 + no more removable cover . probably because you have to remove entire cover to change filter anyways. not so good for people doing what you do and just want to change oil not filter

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
BTW, from last night until now, the cabin smells like a gas tank...its unbearable and i'm mostly worried for my dog, when he's riding with me!

Taking it for an interior clean today...any idea of how to kill and remove the fumes !? help plz!

·
Registered
548 Posts
BTW, from last night until now, the cabin smells like a gas tank...its unbearable and i'm mostly worried for my dog, when he's riding with me!

Taking it for an interior clean today...any idea of how to kill and remove the fumes !? help plz!
Go e85 asap. ;) the fume issue used to come and go but once I switched to e85, the smell never came back

Sent from Galaxy NOTE 5

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,934 Posts
Go e85 asap. ;) the fume issue used to come and go but once I switched to e85, the smell never came back

Sent from Galaxy NOTE 5
I did switch to e85 last night!!:D Visconti v2, fuel pumps, and fmic. Im assuming the fumes are due to pumps being changed and its killing me now.

603whp/605wtq on pump 93
646whp/661wtq on e85--e75 atm
Dynojet

·
Registered
548 Posts
I did switch to e85 last night!!:D Visconti v2, fuel pumps, and fmic. Im assuming the fumes are due to pumps being changed and its killing me now.

603whp/605wtq on pump 93
Dynojet
Oooh right, I remember that smell when I swapped the pumps. The smell will eventually dissipate

Sent from Galaxy NOTE 5

·
Registered
312 Posts

603whp/605wtq on pump 93
Dynojet
Majj,
Did you do the fuel pump change yourself? I remember when I did mine, we ended up spilling a bit inside the bay even though we were pretty empty. Just had to make sure that we cleaned it out really well before putting everything back together.we drove back 12 hours after the FBO and smell was totally gone by the time we got home.

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
HELP! So I had the car detailed from inside the other day to get that fuel smell out. It went away that day. Next day, until today, getting into the car and it smells like fumes again. I took out the rear seat to sniff around fuel pump area since i just replaced with asnu 330lph, no smell. So where is it coming from and how can i get rid of it?

41 - 60 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.