Nissan GT-R Forum banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Turn off the recirc. That helps a lot when catless. It clearly is from while driving and not gas sitting or absorbed in fabric since it went away for a day.

Give that a shot first and hope that helps.
I have cats in midpipe. I dont smell it when driving, only when i park and re enter the car later is when i smell it. The longer parked, the stronger the smell

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
check for injector leaks - it will smell when at a stop or parked, but not much when you are driving.

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Thats the thing, no smell at stop, idle, or driving. Only when i get back into the car is when i smell it. Specially getting in the next day

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Wow so it took 5 days, 150 miles of in city driving on e85 and I'm back at the station. How many miles do you e85's get if daily driven?

·
Registered
10,192 Posts
That's about right +/- 190 on highway. Well if you behave

·
gta88ws6
832 Posts
Check all your fuel line connection around the pump and also make sure that the pump basket is completely sealed, that the oring didn't bulge out of its groove or that the basket isn't loose and all the bolts are tight.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW

·
gta88ws6
832 Posts
Also double check the fuel line and fuel rail connections in the eng bay are still tight.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW

·
gta88ws6
832 Posts
Fuel pump only runs on 3 settings, low med and high from what I understand so Yea that's normal for a primary pump for sure...

Sent from my HTC6535LVW

·
gta88ws6
832 Posts
You've got a leak somewhere if your still smelling fuel after the car sits...

You're 100% positive the oring on the tank where the 6 bolts for the fuel sending unit didn't bulge out or split?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
You've got a leak somewhere if your still smelling fuel after the car sits...

You're 100% positive the oring on the tank where the 6 bolts for the fuel sending unit didn't bulge out or split?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW
Not sure, have a picture of what oring looks like? The fuel pump area, under the seat doesn't smell like gas/fumes..

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I also recently tuned with ECUTEK FBO 93 OCT on my 2013 BE and after 2 weeks of enjoyment with the added power I am now in the same boat and looking into pumps/flex fuel and re-tuning.

Runs amazing right now but with nothing much left to do I figured just go that little extra without touching turbos/tranny.

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
I also recently tuned with ECUTEK FBO 93 OCT on my 2013 BE and after 2 weeks of enjoyment with the added power I am now in the same boat and looking into pumps/flex fuel and re-tuning.

Runs amazing right now but with nothing much left to do I figured just go that little extra without touching turbos/tranny.
Go for it! I stayed 93 pump for one year. Tbh since I don't track or drag, I can't really tell the power difference between pump and e85..."can't get any violations lol" all I feel is POWER!! I just can't wait to build motor/trans

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
61 - 80 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.