Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at ~600RWHP on my 2015 and I normally drive in A. I drive in M when I want to have fun, but honestly, its really packed where I live and I'd be scaring people with the loud noises.

I've come across some threads and SP Engineering told me not to try to pass/accelerate in A because it can damage the tranny.

Once in a while (every few days of driving), when I am in A, I'll get a bit of lurching when driving at city speeds. I do not drive at A6, then mash the pedal. I slowly increase the pedal pressure sometimes to pass people. I would say I rarely hit much boost doing this +0-+8.

Is this okay?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Can't really answer your question regarding auto mode....but I would REALLY try and make an effect to get used to manual, even in daily driving.

I used to be the same way until for a whole week I forced myself to use manual even in traffic. You'll learn to involuntarily up shift with the RPM sounds. It's especially better for you car after cold starts.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I'm never in A mode. After you accelerate from a stop the car prematurely shifting to 6th by ~33mph sounds so embarrassing, not to mention throttle response is horrible.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I feel like maybe he was referring to being in high gear and high throttle. As in, mashing it in a high gear which puts lots of load on the motor and probably tranny. But you don't do that. I think what everyone is getting at, is, forget auto mode even exists haha

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
How's that gonna happen in auto mode ? It will downshift. I would think if you were in manual and say 6th and floored it , it would be bad

'15 GMG

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
How's that gonna happen in auto mode ? It will downshift. I would think if you were in manual and say 6th and floored it , it would be bad

'15 GMG
That's a good point too. I'm not sure I've never tried it

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,934 Posts
I meant on manual, if you're on the hwy for eg on 5th at low rpm, don't fully hit the pedal...pressing slowly to pass i would guess is fine. It puts stress on the oem rods

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Not true, tuners can have lower boost limits on low rpms, at least my does. You can floor it from 1100 rpm to redline all day long as boost is ramped up per rpm. I'm ecutek, it is the boost by gear table for the tuners to set it.

I meant on manual, if you're on the hwy for eg on 5th at low rpm, don't fully hit the pedal...pressing slowly to pass i would guess is fine. It puts stress on the oem rods

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.