Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2015 gtr and looking to go fbo plus e85 with ecutek. Looking to install parts on my own
1100cc injectors
Dw65c pumps
3" intake
Flex fuel kit
Mid pipe

I am planning to install these in phases as as following

Phase 1
Intake and midpipe

Phase 2
injector and flex fuel kit

Phase 3
Fuel pumps

These installs will be over a two or three weekend period. Now since I am going with ecutek and don't want to get a etune for every phase of install, my question Is how do I keep using the car with every phase of install and get an etune when I am done with all the installs. Cobb has ots maps does ecutek have the same so I can upload a map corresponding to the mods I have with every phase of install.
Any insight would be great.
Thanks

Sent from my LG-D850 using GT-R Life mobile app

· Registered
766 Posts
Intakes and injectors should be done at the same time and you will need a tune.

Also, you won't be FBO as your missing down pipes.

I would just do it all the same time, there really isn't a way to do phases and keep driving the car without a tune.

· Knowledge is recession proof!
4,169 Posts
Intakes and injectors should be done at the same time and you will need a tune.

Also, you won't be FBO as your missing down pipes.

I would just do it all the same time, there really isn't a way to do phases and keep driving the car without a tune.
+1 Just do it all at the same time. You're wasting time and money doing it in pieces.

· Registered
1,934 Posts
You can do your phased install over 2-3 weeks, just don't drive the car at all! Wait until every hard part is installed, then load one tune for it. If it's your daily driver, see below:

You could do the midpipe without a tune, but will notice little power difference. If you are doing 3" intakes, tune is required or you will lean out from MAFs not being properly calibrated. Also debatable on needing bigger injectors with the intakes due to more airflow. If you have to do it piecemeal, do the midpipe first then do the rest at the same time.

Probably leaving about 20-ish whp behind without downpipes. If you decide to do them as well, definitely wait and do everything at once since you'll have to drop the midpipe again.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So i know for midpipe I don't need a tune right away. Does the same hold for high flowing fuel pumps I.e. no tune needed or do the new fuel pump and high flow injectors go hand in hand.
Thanks

Sent from my LG-D850 using GT-R Life mobile app

· Registered
3,587 Posts
You can't do your phase 3, as flex fuel requires pumps. So might as well combine it with your phase 2. Do injectors, pumps and flex fuel at the same time.

If you had Cobb, you could break it down with the Stage 1/2/3 and do your parts slowly then get the custom tune in the end. Not sure about EcuTek.

· Pew Pew
647 Posts
Just buy a complete 600 package. I went with the GTC Power pack by Ben Linney. Installed everything myself in the garage. I put the money I saved for install towards a new 4 post lift.

Looks like you're going down the same road I went with my 2015. I'm also on ECUtek with flex fuel. Feel free to PM me with any qestions!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.