Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I have everything except e85 and am currently on street tires, I spin all through 1st unless I lower launch rpms to 3000 and even still I get some wheel spin. This is on the street not track. For the tree huggers, of course I do it in when there is noone else around.

My question is what rpms do you guys launch at? I feel like when I was stock, my launch was harder...

·
e85 member
2,724 Posts
I used to do about 4k at the track and street was 2800-3k

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I have everything except e85 and am currently on street tires, I spin all through 1st unless I lower launch rpms to 3000 and even still I get some wheel spin. This is on the street not track. For the tree huggers, of course I do it in when there is noone else around.

My question is what rpms do you guys launch at? I feel like when I was stock, my launch was harder...
Normally 3000 or 3500 depending where your launching.

I normally remove timing in first gear and that really stops the spinning.

If your on COBB just ask your tuner to updated your tune with COBBs new Traction Control, that by it self should stop wheel spin

John

·
Registered
9,691 Posts
I never used BOTL (always resulted in worse traction unless on my 18" M&H) when FBO e85.
Track 4100
Street 3200 on asphalt with 20" R888 and pretty much dead hooked
580/600+/- mustang 136 traps.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Recently at a runway event I started off at 3000 and kept going up from there. My last few runs were at 4000 and it was perfect, by doing so it increased my end speed by 6km/hr then all previous runs. I'm using MPSS 295/335 on stock wheels and they were hooking great at 4000.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Only now do I truly understand. After 4 years of ownership and recent FBO E85 mods - first ever launch. Scouted out a deserted road with a good stretch. Set for LC for 3600, and let it rip. Got a brief chirp of the tires, then time stood still...and my face melted!

HOLY SHIT!!! Still jittery afterwards.

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
Only now do I truly understand. After 4 years of ownership and recent FBO E85 mods - first ever launch. Scouted out a deserted road with a good stretch. Set for LC for 3600, and let it rip. Got a brief chirp of the tires, then time stood still...and my face melted!

HOLY SHIT!!! Still jittery afterwards.
:

^^^^lmao. Finally popped you're cherry.

I've been launching at 3600 on the street and just ripped off a 0-60 in 2.5 and 0-100 in 5.7. FBO e85 @ 75 degrees outside. Trapped 109.2 on that pass in the 1/8th mile. Boo ya

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using GT-R Life mobile app

1 - 10 of 10 Posts