Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Still Stock
57 Posts
Hi GTRLifers:

I am thinking about exhaust configurations for my 2017 GTR Premium, which is still stock. :sad:

What do you think of the following Boost Logic combination?

• 3" cat-less downpipes
  • 4.5″ Titanium Cat-Back Exhaust but replacing the midpipe that comes with this system with the Formula Series Quadzilla titanium midpipe.

Thoughts?

Best,

David

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,126 Posts
My first thought is...

A lot of $ for some weight reduction and noise but ultimately little power gained (not a good value). If purchased new, the components you've listed is about $8k. You'll also need injectors and a tune if doing downpipes so tack on at least another $2k or so. May as well go FBO E85 since you're just intakes, flex fuel, SD kit, and fuel pumps away from it. It'll save you the time and costs to retune later.

If power gains isn't a priority then you should be fine without the downpipes which will not require a tune. The combo is probably one of the better sounding ones one there. That said, it's going to sound great.

· Still Stock
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys. I don't want to waste money. I want to do what is right. So, I will think that through.

My goals are:

• Improve the 60-130 time as much as I can with the stock turbos and no changes in the internal build of the engine.
  • ECUTek Platform with:
    • An awesome tune
    • Rolling launch program and
    • Pops, bangs and flames program
  • Great sounding exhaust (a classy and loud like a V-12-type sound not just loud to annoy everyone)
  • Louder turbo spooling sounds with blow-off to atmosphere valve sounds

I am not too focused on the WHP because my assumption is that will just be what it is if I improve/create the above.

I don't know what an achievable 60-130 time might be with stock turbos and engine internals. I was hoping to get it in the 7 to 8 second range. Is that possible?

Best,

David

· Kevin
492 Posts
Thanks, guys. I don't want to waste money. I want to do what is right. So, I will think that through.

My goals are:

• Improve the 60-130 time as much as I can with the stock turbos and no changes in the internal build of the engine.
  • ECUTek Platform with:
    • An awesome tune
    • Rolling launch program and
    • Pops, bangs and flames program
  • Great sounding exhaust (a classy and loud like a V-12-type sound not just loud to annoy everyone)
  • Louder turbo spooling sounds with blow-off to atmosphere valve sounds
I am not too focused on the WHP because my assumption is that will just be what it is if I improve/create the above.

I don't know what an achievable 60-130 time might be with stock turbos and engine internals. I was hoping to get it in the 7 to 8 second range. Is that possible?

Best,

David
Im FBO e85 620whp. My best 60-130 is around 6.5 seconds. And you dont want to be shooting flames...

· Registered
1,934 Posts
^all the above, especially when you inadvertently ignite your bumper and burn your car to the ground. But hey if that's your thing, you do you!

· Registered
2,437 Posts
This is one good reason

And by the way, I saw many similar cases ;)
I have no idea what this video proves ?????? The Boost log. system is really nice......You will never be able to create the sound of a high reving GT-3 with our GTR's..... For the same money I would do down pipes, injectors , mid pipe and 90 mm rear section.....and a prop[er tune........

· Still Stock
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi guys:

All the feedback is great! How do others blow flames without a problem? I have a neighbor (Instagram account @pikachupcar) who has some stunning cars including a Libertywalked GTR that blows flames all night without a problem. I will, of course, ask him what he thinks, but I don't know how so many GTRs on Instagram blow flames without the community talking about hurting or burning the car to the ground. Something doesn't make sense to me. I seek to understand and am listening to you. I don't want to make a mistake as I can hardly afford my GTR.

Thanks,

David

· Registered
1,934 Posts
The short answer is they don't. It's not about whether they "blow flames" without problem, it's that it's a risk every time they do it - they just haven't experienced the problem YET. Do it long enough and the odds will eventually come due.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.