Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

The dealer I am working with is pushing the following extended warranty. The fine print basically says this covers everything EXCEPT the following:

- Correction of air & water leaks ...
- Lenses, sealed beams, bulbs, etc
- Contaminated fuel systems, ...

I've attached the PDF from the dealer. It appears to offer amazing coverage, but all the feedback on the forums says to "say no" to these extended warranties offered by the dealer.

Any thoughts are helpful.
TIA.

Attachments

·
Vendor
3,602 Posts
Hi,
If you are considering an extended warranty I would purchase a factory backed plan as opposed to an aftermarket plan if I were you. I have seen multiple aftermarket warranty companies go out of business over the years. Ultimately this leaves the policy holder with no coverage and little chance of recovering the money paid for the extended warranty that is now no longer "active". Most of the aftermarket companies have "loop holes/exclusions" built into their plans that are not obvious at the time of presentation (in the brochure). It is only available on the actual contract. Typically on the back of the contract mixed in with all the other legal ease. In my experience the factory programs are there to cover repairs and try to keep you happy and in the "family". The aftermarket plans are there to keep as much of the premium as possible (because that is how they make their money). They keep as much premium as possible by covering as few repairs as possible. Ultimately the decision is yours and I am sure there are some quality aftermarket companies nationally. I am not familiar with the company listed and they may be quite good. I am only speaking from my first hand experience over the past 18 or so years.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Jason,

Great points. I'm inquiring to see if they have an extended warranty through Nissan. I'm sure even reading all the fine print I won't pick-up any loop holes that could be used to defer service. I'll do some additional inquiries.

Are people typically performing their schedule maintenance outside of the dealer?
And then just using the dealer when something under warranty breaks or there is a recall?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts