You have 3 major clues that it is a 2012:
  • Daytime running LED lights
  • The car is blue
  • The odometer is greenish/blue instead of amber

·
Registered
39 Posts
both, the gtr and the ferrari 458 can't win against the corvette ZR1
The corvette ZR1 smokes both of them in 400meters and 1 mile race.

This is a FACT people, lets be honest.

all what Ive said above is true if, and only if the corvette's driver is a v.good to excellent in shifting.

I am talking about stock engines stock exterior stock weight stock everything.

even though Iam a big fan of gtr r35 but lets be honest again, corvette zr1 is still a fast ass car.

I would love to pay 90K USD for gtrs rather than corvettes. gtr is a true supercar that worth every cent paid for it.

Hamdan

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I don't think the ZR1 "smokes" 458 dude. With stock tires, the ZR1 runs low 11 and traps the same speed as Ferrari 458. Even the top speed is identical: 332 km/h. They are neck and neck in the real world.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
You have 3 major clues that it is a 2012:
  • Daytime running LED lights
  • The car is blue
  • The odometer is greenish/blue instead of amber
  • It launches at 4k

·
Registered
163 Posts

all what Ive said above is true if, and only if the corvette's driver is a v.good to excellent in shifting.

I am talking about stock engines stock exterior stock weight stock everything.

even though Iam a big fan of gtr r35 but lets be honest again, corvette zr1 is still a fast ass car.

I would love to pay 90K USD for gtrs rather than corvettes. gtr is a true supercar that worth every cent paid for it.

Hamdan
I agree with you .
But the race her is from a dig
From a 0 it means the gtr her is a king
I know the zr1 will beat the gtr but maybe after 140 or 180 km
In case if the race was from rolling defiantly the zr1 will kick ass gtr and 458
And I want to say some thing about the zr1 driver, maybe he was drunk or he was playing with his phone lol hhhhh
حياهم اهل الامارات .

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't think the ZR1 "smokes" 458 dude. With stock tires, the ZR1 runs low 11 and traps the same speed as Ferrari 458. Even the top speed is identical: 332 km/h. They are neck and neck in the real world.
The Corvette ZR1 runs the Quarter Mile in 10.7 seconds with a fully stock engine & tires (all stock), the driver's name is Ranger i guess.

That is the reason of using the word "Smokes" =D

enjoy the following video,

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree with you .
But the race her is from a dig
From a 0 it means the gtr her is a king
I know the zr1 will beat the gtr but maybe after 140 or 180 km
In case if the race was from rolling defiantly the zr1 will kick ass gtr and 458
And I want to say some thing about the zr1 driver, maybe he was drunk or he was playing with his phone lol hhhhh
حياهم اهل الامارات .
Yo ^^
Zo6s and Zr1s are insane, you just cant handle them if your racing from a dig. thanks to RWD & 500+ hp lol
GM engineers, they MUST make the new generation of the corvettes (a.k.a c7) an All Wheel Drive car.
because nowadays, in my point of view, the two terms "AWD" & "Sports Car" cant be separated from each other.

thats why the GTR always wins if the race was from a dig.

In the quarter mile, the Zr1 has a better timing (10.7) and trap speed (~133), but it is very difficult for the Zr1 to have the previous timings in normal public roads. the reason is because in the drag strip (1/4 mile) , they use a material called VHT this material avoids tire spinning. I am sure most of the ppl here in nagtroc are familiar with it.

regarding the video that skyliner has posted in this thread, the Zr1's driver was abviously facing problems in launching his corvette, I can see the tire smokes, I dunno if you guyz have noticed it.

الله يحييك يالغالي ويا مرحبابك
Hamdan

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yo ^^
Zo6s and Zr1s are insane, you just cant handle them if your racing from a dig. thanks to RWD & 500+ hp lol
GM engineers, they MUST make the new generation of the corvettes (a.k.a c7) an All Wheel Drive car.
because nowadays, in my point of view, the two terms "AWD" & "Sports Car" cant be separated from each other.

In the quarter mile, the Zr1 has a better timing (10.7) and trap speed (~133), but it is very difficult for the Zr1 to have the previous timings in normal public roads. the reason is because in the drag strip (1/4 mile) , they use a material called VHT this material avoids tire spinning. I am sure most of the ppl here in nagtroc are familiar with it.

regarding the video that skyliner has posted in this thread, the Zr1's driver was obviously facing problems in launching his corvette, I can see the tire smokes, I dunno if you guyz have noticed it.

Hamdan
Yeah I agree with again.
But when we want to compare gtr 2012 with zo6 not zr1.Even from rolling it will not be easy for the zo6 to beat the gtr maybe after 290 km or 300.
Actually the zr1 on the drag can reach 0-60 in 2.8 or 2.9 using a good driver.
I think from my opinion the main problem in the gtr's are the weight 1740 kg comparing to the zr1 1540 and 1440 for the zo6 <<<it's abut 3 passenger healthy.
I prefer to pay 490 DHS on gtr till I see a lot of changes on 7 generation of the vettes

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I thought I saw water on Ferrari rear glass, if correct that is why zr1 got smoked. The zr1 driver even got a better reaction time. 2nd, zr1 can only run 10.7 in near perfect conditions with a perfect driver. You will never able to duplicate this in normal conditions. That was private track rental and perfect conditions and MIR. Ranger lives in central Florida and I have been to the drag strip ever weekend this summer, and he is not there. As good a driver he is, he aint running any times close to his record in the heat. I will bet money zr1 can't run [email protected] mph in the summer here in the Orlando Florida track (da over 2000) stock. some of us know z06 stock has hit 10's stock (perfect conditions, private track rental) once at 128.9 mph. I know 5 z06's here in Central FL that track their cars at drag strip this summer, and none can hit 128 mph and one is a cammed z06 that dynoed 530 rwhp. Stock cars can't even break 124 mph or hit 11's bone stock. Look up the z06 stock spec of 125 mph trap, I believe only 1 guy on the z06 fast list have gone over 125 mph in positive DA. Have you read how slow zr1 is in the heat? I read a guy with stock zr1 has difference of 5 mph at drag strip in Texas when he let the car cool down.
It is better to compare times in normal conditions and more than likely drivers won't be having perfect launches and shifts. The GTR and Ferrari have computer aids to eliminate more driver errors and launches. They will avg better times than zr1 in the 1/4 mi.

The Corvette ZR1 runs the Quarter Mile in 10.7 seconds with a fully stock engine & tires (all stock), the driver's name is Ranger i guess.

That is the reason of using the word "Smokes" =D

enjoy the following video,

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Yo ^^

regarding the video that skyliner has posted in this thread, the Zr1's driver was abviously facing problems in launching his corvette, I can see the tire smokes, I dunno if you guyz have noticed it.

Hamdan
You are talking about Ranger - who is quite famous on Youtube for getting the most out of a ZR-1. That is like comparing all of us to Sleepdoc in the GT-R world.
I have video on my site showing a ZR-1 doing a 12.5 against a Lambo LP-640(who also does a 12.5). In a race there are so many variables - track conditions (DA, traction, surface temp, surface smoothness, etc.), how the car is running that day and driver to name a few. This is what distinguishes between real racing and keyboard racing. You have to race each car at the same time on the same track to know what the outcome is - which is what was done here.
The ZR-1 has the potential to be faster than a DBA GT-R in the 1/4 - but is so difficult to launch (especially on stock tires) that you have to go to Youtube to see a guy named Ranger do it to actually witness a sub 11 second pass on a stock ZR-1.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts