Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

It was sunny - good wind - but that same wind kept the track cool...I slipped and slided to a best MPH of 142.60 and best ET for the day of 10.45 (last run in the video)...

I had to short shift 1st to 2nd everytime and even into 3rd on a few runs...it was still a great day and got some good video thanks to my friend Shawn Ricketts...

Neil - I sent the footage to you...

So much to come for next season!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
nice video man

like the ending with the new stuff coming lol
Thanks - there really is going to be a completely new set of results on pump gas when I get the new LC and some tires...

Not to mention the race fuel runs...Winter is going to suck...

*Edit; please use 720P as 1080 seems to be having some issues...

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeremy...consider getting some CCW drag wheels on M/T's. That should help...I run that setup with the E55, SL65, and eventually the GTR. Great video!

Jon
Thanks Jon - I will be checking many a rim and tire out before making a decision....I will check out your sugegstion...I just can't wait to see what the car can do with traction and LC...

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just found out that there was almost no glue on the track as it had frozen because it is not stored properly. It really was an ice rink...
I also found out a Vette did a 9.95 @ 138 MPH that same day (on slicks of course) - so I know that my MPH is at least good for a 9 second pass on pump gas.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just found out that there was almost no glue on the track as it had frozen because it is not stored properly. It really was an ice rink...
I also found out a Vette did a 9.95 @ 138 MPH that same day (on slicks of course) - so I know that my MPH is at least good for a 9 second pass on pump gas.
awesome run there vtk

traction will put you in the nines most likley... that vette is my bud phil he runs on a mt dr not a slick... you might want to look into that tire for you he looves it. 1.4 shorts he runs. craziness! cant wait to have a gtr up here in the nines... would be awesome.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
btw what was your 60' time?
Thanks Codzilla - my 60 foot times are an amazing 2.01 on average. My best pump gas run was 10.3 @ 142.55 MPH - with a 60 time of 1.97.

I only DREAM of 1.4's (heck I dream of 1.7's)...

Cheers!

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
Thanks Codzilla - my 60 foot times are an amazing 2.01 on average. My best pump gas run was 10.3 @ 142.55 MPH - with a 60 time of 1.97.

I only DREAM of 1.4's (heck I dream of 1.7's)...

Cheers!
lc2 006 3750 and nittos will get you 1.6x and a 9 sec pass..

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lc2 006 3750 and nittos will get you 1.6x and a 9 sec pass..
Thanks big Sam - thanks to you, I'm going to look to upgrade my diff casing as well - as I intend to be at the track every week this 2012 season - and when I get the LC and tires use my race fuel settings...

I want to get the slips/video AND keep my car in one piece.

·
Registered
520 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, I haven't been around for awhile. I can't believe your on the verge of 9s since I last saw your car, good for you!!!

Nice vid by the way!
Thanks Wes - I'm not sure if I saw you up in Mississauga by Derry and Mississauga road not too long ago?

Yes - I hope to do high 9's on pump and low 9's on race fuel...the car feels very strong...

Next Spring - I will be going to the track pretty much every week. Let me know if you want to go...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts