Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
Just finished my prototype fire extinguisher mount and was wondering if any of you guys are interested?

The cool feature of this mount is that it is fastened to the seat and will move with the electric seat slider, so you won't loose the ability to use full range of motion for the seat.

No modifications to the seat are necessary as the mount bolts into existing holes.

Fire extinguisher pictured is a Halatron filled 2 1/2 lb.

·
Happy in Hermosa
1,534 Posts
Nice work. If mine wasn't mounted on my harness bar, I would do this.

·
Registered
872 Posts
did you source the parts in China? and how much for insurance and handling? ha ha

Seriously, it looks awesome and everyone should buy one!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm definitely interested. Please let me know when you decide on price.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm in

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
in

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow great response peeps.......looks like I'm going to produce these. I'll be switching to vendor status next week with the release of my new 3" intake system, and the fire extinguisher mount will be in the works ASAP. I'll price the options shortly.

I can offer the mount a couple different ways:

1. mount alone

2. mount with dry chemical red extinguisher

3. mount with chrome dry chemical

4. mount with red Halatron extinguisher

5. mount with chrome Halatron extinguisher

All extinguishers will be 2 1/2 lb.

I will price the extinguishers at a price that makes getting your own not really worth it unless you are a business and can get them at a discount.

I would highly recommend the Halatron gas extinguishers in the fact that if you ever do need to use them they leave no residue and damage nothing. Dry chemical on the other hand is destructive, but will at least put a fire out.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Looks like an ideal location -- I had this made a couple years ago for the same purpose.

Isn't it on the wrong side though?

·
OnTrack Maniac
1,654 Posts
If it'll work for driver's seats that are installed in the proper location
, I could go for the chrome Haltron.

Are you going to post pricing on here or if you'd prefer PM that works too. Really nice work, been waiting for this for quite a while...

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If it'll work for driver's seats that are installed in the proper location
, I could go for the chrome Haltron.

Are you going to post pricing on here or if you'd prefer PM that works too. Really nice work, been waiting for this for quite a while...
If enough people are interested in a mount for the drivers side, (proper location, haha) I'd be willing to look at a bracket for that side also. The brackets are not interchangeable because the seats are reversed in layout. Please keep in mind that these brackets are specifically designed for the stock OEM seat. It took a little ingenuity to make it work.

Maybe I should get a poll of which side people want?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Passenger's side.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts