1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently looking at buying a
new​
car​
, but I currently have to many choices to choose from and it's confusing. Please give me some of your opinions and comments if you have driven or owned any of the following cars.

I'm looking for performance, handling, convenience, snow drivability, and aftermarket support. Dual Clutch is a plus but I can drive a manual no problem (have an evo now)

1) 2010 c63 sedan pre-facelift
auto​

2) 2012 c63 coupe mct
3) 2008 clk63 black series auto
4) 2011 e92 m3 dct
5) 2008 aston martin
v8​
vantage auto
6) 2008 maserati gt auto
7) 2011 audi ttrs manual
9) 2011 lotus evora ips
10) 2010 porsche carrera s pdk

11) keep 2012 gtr auto

So if you guys could give me your honest opinions that would be great.

·
Registered
28 Posts
For the $, GT-R > C63.
Lotus Evora? I wouldn't even bother w/the Evora. I have driven my buddy's Elise Exige & I love that car. An Elise is the Lotus to own IMO.
TT-RS = overpriced for what you get. I looked into them too. They only get the M6 trans so they won't be as fast as the time posted b/c that was w/the auto & launch control.
If you want a Porsche, you need to buy the 911T.
M3 should not even be in the discussion. I own a tuned 335 that would rape an M3 & the interior is the same. No thank you. Looking to sell my 335 & a GT-R is on my short list too. You don't get enough car for the $ w/the M3.

Have you tried the CTS-V? For the $ it is the best bang for the buck.

I wish I could help you more, but I can't decide wtf I want to do yet. I keep going back & forth. GT-R or CTS-V or do I buy another Mazdaspeed6 to drive daily & get a C6 GS...

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Merc is just too old and nothing special.
CLK63 Black Series from all the people I know that have owned it, they say it gets old quick and it's slow
BMW? Only thing I'd consider is the F10 M5
Aston Martin, buying used? Notice how everything on the market is around 40k miles? There's a reason for that, they break and are expensive to maintain. Wouldn't touch the AM unless I had warranty on it
Maserati was never into them personally
Audi? Yea no RS4, RS6, R8 or bust
Lotus dunno
Porsche. Had one like the other poster said yo'ud have to get the 997 TT PDK

·
Registered
48 Posts
Trust me, never drive an AM Vantage auto, its the worst gearbox you will ever have the displeasure of driving.

You want snow drivability yet 90% of the cars you listed are rear wheel drive 4-500 HP lol.

Get a GTR, stop pussy footing around like a woman deciding what dress to put on.

·
Registered
181 Posts
This dude doesn't deserve a GTR. It also seems he can't afford one. Seems like a poser to me. The GT-R is a real mans car. It’s not for show.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Agree with "NewCar" screw the M3 unless you plan on tracking it around a road course, I would choose a Tuned 335i anyday, a lot cheaper than the M3, and with your left over funds, you can Upgrade to RB turbos, add Meth, Full Boltons ( Catless Downpipes, Midpipe , Catback ) Intercooler and of Course a Tune and you should be seeing anywhere from 450-500WHP, thats moving especially considering its lighter than the M3, you can also do a full M3 suspension conversion. I prefer the N54 over the E92 M3's V8! Just my 2 Cents..

but anyways I would go with the GTR since im bias.. if not the NEW 2012 C63 AMG SEDAN, don't get the coupe its hideous. the C63 has tons of torque as well and has one mean exhaust note that you wouldn't expect from a German Car.

If you have to ask if you really should get a GTR then its probably not for you to be honest..

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Trust me, never drive an AM Vantage auto, its the worst gearbox you will ever have the displeasure of driving.

You want snow drivability yet 90% of the cars you listed are rear wheel drive 4-500 HP lol.

Get a GTR, stop pussy footing around like a woman deciding what dress to put on.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Really depends on your use. For street only the GTR is just fine. Fast, looks good and roomy interior for 2. As a only car, I would go with the C63 or Porsche. If you track, there is only one option = Porsche.

·
Registered
247 Posts
If you don't really like the GTR. I would take a CTS-V wagon or the Aston. Aston always will be a classic. can't go wrong with an Aston. good luck

·
Registered
146 Posts
I am currently looking at buying a
new
car

, but I currently have to many choices to choose from and it's confusing. Please give me some of your opinions and comments if you have driven or owned any of the following cars.

I'm looking for performance, handling, convenience, snow drivability, and aftermarket support. Dual Clutch is a plus but I can drive a manual no problem (have an evo now)

1) 2010 c63 sedan pre-facelift
auto

2) 2012 c63 coupe mct
3) 2008 clk63 black series auto
4) 2011 e92 m3 dct
5) 2008 aston martin
v8

vantage auto

6) 2008 maserati gt auto
7) 2011 audi ttrs manual
9) 2011 lotus evora ips
10) 2010 porsche carrera s pdk

11) keep 2012 gtr auto

So if you guys could give me your honest opinions that would be great.
C63...nice car but u will get bored...you cant ever really turn off traction control so on a roll race it gets annoying cuz it kicks in..coupe is nice but ur screwed in the snow with any rdw unless u get snow tires...merc has great aftermarket support but will NEVER respond to mods like a gtr
clk black...this is a very nice built and rare car...once again same drawbacks as the c63...also dated looking in my opinion although i still love the way it looks...and dont forget that its two seats...so not so convenient
m3...very nice car...too common though...offers nothing spectacular in terms of performance...unless you like to go sideways you will get bored too..you can supercharger..meth...and nitrous that thing and then and only then will you have a chance against heavily modified gtr...rwd again so snow tires are your only hope
aston..sick car..neck breaker...not to exhilerating to drive..kida slow honestly....sounds great with an exhaust ..looks amazing with a drop wheels and lip...if you look at d2forged.com...my friend has that red one on there..and use to own the dark green one...handling wise...its ok..its not a true race car..is a luxury sports car so it won't blow you mind...you will get alot of attention for the "baller" status though..so if u like attention and breaking necks this is a good car to do that....driving wise you will get bored...all the compliments will help ease that ;-)...not too much aftermarket support
maserati...same exact story as the aston...these sound even better than the aston with an exhaust...it is ferrari as the brains behind this engineering,...very slow as well....not too much aftermarket support..will look good with cosmetic mods...the paddle gear box on this car is not as good as the gtr..somtimes is a little "choppy"
audi ttrs...im sorry but this car in my opinion plain out sucks...not trying to offend anyone but it is very overpriced..there is nothing really special about it...it should not even be compared to the rest of the cars listed...it does look nice but are you really getting your moneys worth...you might as well buy a tts and mod that..the audi/vw community has tons of support...its not fast and its handling is ok but with the gtr being a choice its tough to acknowledge that its a good car...not very convenient either
lotus evora...boring to drive...you will regret it...super slow..handles a great..but if you want handles just get an exige...acceleration wise..they are pathetic...i have never in my entire life encountered a fast lotus..they are ment for twistys and thats it....not practical at all so you can throw convenience out the window...that is a strictly weekend car...has mediocre aftermarket support
porsche carrera pdk...you know these guys always make great cars..handle good..are pretty quick...look dated even when brand new..not so convenient although you can get it in a 4s so your good in the snow...but like i said..its only good..not great...911 turbo will always be on your mind..thats a whole nother discussion in itself
gtr...performance wise and useability wise...THE BEST...you wanna break necks and get attention...aston or maser....if not gtr all the way..no car can compare here listed in terms of handling..speed...usability..convenience..its awd so no traction issues..get all seasons n u will be ok in the winter...and mod for mod ..it is second to none...
Growing up i was always into cars and i have driven lots of different cars and my friends own all of these cars now or at one point in there lives so i can tell you from my own personal experience...NO CAR has blown my mind like a gtr...expect for those ugr lamborghinis ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.