Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Thanks to McLaren of Beverly Hills, I had an opportunity to test drive the car this past Sunday.

I've seen the car in flash many times but this was the first time sitting behind the wheel.
Once I climb onto the cockpit, immediately I was impressed by the great visibility through huge windshield.
BTW, I'm 6' tall med. built but I had no problem getting in and out of the car contrary to others with similar figures having issues on ingress and egress.

Once I found comfortable driving position, every control buttons and dials were within reach.
Simple yet modern design theme is what I most love about MP4-12C's interior. Great visibility from cockpit and there were no bad blind spots.

The seats, seating position, material, control layout, instrument cluster and buttons were all high quality with great finish.
The only minor detail I didn't like about was the 'feel' of paddle shifter.
May be I'm too used to those paddle shifters that give more tactile feedback.

I'm glad I drove the car and got the first hand experience of what MP4-12C is all about.
At one time, I've considered picking up a 458 but oh boy, am I glad I didn't take the Ferrari and kept the order.

Simply put, the car was everything you've read and heard x100 (obviously the positive reports).

·
Registered
857 Posts
Congrats Congrats. Thanks for the feed back.

How does the acceleration compare to your heavily modded GTR?

·
Registered
62 Posts
good to hear about the mp4-12c. I am expecting to be behind the wheel of one by the end of the year. As of now the 458 is my favorite car on track for an exotic so it should be interesting to see the difference.

thanks for the writeup and congrats

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Nice review, and congrats in advance! Havent seen one yet in the flesh but i cant wait until i do, its one of my fav super cars of 2012.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
very nice review. so when can we expect to see one in your garage?

also, i'm sure you've driven jay's 458 - how do the two compare in your opinion?

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Love that car

I saw in 2 weeks ago in the Dubai motor show

There was an orange one in the back that previewed their customization

The car had louveres on it and orange CF instead of some plastic parts

I met a guy who works for mclaren and he said this is just a small example of what we offer, they can custom build your car to all your preferences

E.g paddle shifter feel can be modified to your liking, extra CF or body modifications can be done

He stated that a rolling chassis can be brought and built to what ever the customer wants

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Fantastic review. I'm glad you enjoyed the car. That orange is one of my favorite colors for it. What are the specs of yours?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sounds amazing. Can't wait for the writeup after you have it for a few months. Curious a more in depth comparison to the GTR as well. I have liked it since I saw it, despite what some of the reviewers said.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts