Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Pew Pew
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Let me start off by saying HELLO to everyone. After years of debating I have finally decided to make the leap from the Supra world, and leaving my 800+ whp MK4 behind. Mainly because I need a car that I can take to business meetings and dinners, and not feel like a kid. Unfortunately the Supra has more of a dragster feel, and my company car (a mini van) isn't too appealing at the valet lot haha.

Anyways here is my situation, and trust me I have been reading, and searching all day.

Its either buy a 2012 new. Yes I can afford it but its more than I want to spend, especially with buying a house at the end of the year. Or buy a 2011 or 2010 in minty used condition. I realize the differences between the 2010 and 2011 are minimal. So picking up a 2010 and spending an additional $2000 could give me an extra 100 whp which would make the extra power of a 2012 not a factor. Then again, the 2012 would still be under warranty. Another option would be to put a deposit on a 2013 at this point since there aren't too many 2012 and those who do have them want way too much. Of course I'd want the blue but may settle for black. Any prior years I'd want black.

Also what a good price to pay on a 2009/2010/2011 with low mileage?

I apologize if this post is repetitive, I just want to hear everyone up to date opinions.

Thanks in advance!

·
Pew Pew
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agree. If I didn't need a car NOW then I would have waited for a 2013. Having said that I think I may have taken one of the very few blue GT-R's that was available in the country very recently ;)
I have called many dealerships within 1000 miles of me. I did find a few blues, but they want a crazy amount over msrp for them. I am after the regular premium, NOT the black edition. I am after the blue, but may settle for black! Part of me wants to save a ton on a 2010 or 2011 and pick up a 2012 or 2013 when they get cheaper. Than again a newer model will be out and the cycle just never ends wanting the latest and greatest. I am trying to figure out the biggest differences between the 2010 and 2011. I have even seen a few 2011s for right around 70k... consider a new 2012 would cost me 96-98k out the door (New york taxes)... thats nearly 30k! Hard to overlook like type of cash!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was lucky to find one for sticker in Denver. I'm actually in NYC, so if you do find one we can do a little blue/blue photoshoot. Also plenty of local runs you can join..

·
Pew Pew
659 Posts
Ehh, i daubt ill find one. I may just pick up a 2010 /2011 in black.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
There s this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-Nissan-GT-R-Premium-/120791545733?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c1fbcb785

And a 2011 for low 70's.

Cars.com has a few other Black.

If you mod cars name looks familiar from HT and Nwp. Buy used and save for mods. Mods will void the warranty anyway.

7-800 whp gtrs are a bit more driver friendly than the supra

Ride is as rough pulling from a standstill bucks like it's a manual some times so by all means it's not a comfort car for clients

Black is a popular color. Prices are all over I searched for 6 weeks for white on black

09 s high miles over 20k low 60 s. '10 s I've seen range 65-74k. Miles under 12k. '11 s I've seen cheap as 72 up to 85k

Just keep in mind a recent service new tires could swing the price by 2-3 k. Tire replacement $1600-1800
18k service about 1200 on fluids

Make sure all those are up to date when negotiating price as those are big costs after a purchase. If you find something over 20 k miles brakes are a costly replacement

·
Pew Pew
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you very much MonE. Some good info there. I am leaning toward a 2010 or 2011.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have my 2009 im about to put up for sale. DMG with about 15000 miles on it. Car has been pretty much babied and not abused. pm me if you are interested and i can give you more details on it

·
Pew Pew
659 Posts
I have decided to pick up a 2010 ONE owner. Preferably in black with low miles, but will consider anything as long as the exterior/interior is MINT. I have cash and in the New York area. If you know of anyone that has one for sale, let me know!

Decided to pick up a 2010, throw 2-3 grand at it and be happy with 575-600 hp.

I will consider a 2009 Titanium though

·
Pew Pew
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
573 Posts
As the owner of a 2009 I'd buy a 2009 or 2010. 2012/13 is irrelevant other than astronomical price (MSRP of 2009 was $69,900 for regular; $72,900 premium).

·
Turbo AWD or Nothing
1,223 Posts
I was lucky to find one for sticker in Denver. I'm actually in NYC, so if you do find one we can do a little blue/blue photoshoot. Also plenty of local runs you can join..
Id be down for that =)

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
depends on your goals.. do you want the modify the car.. if your going to modify it and take advantage of the awesome hidden power the GT-R has, then don't worry about a 2012 and warranty because most of that will probably get dropped on your drive train if your modifying the car. I'd say 09 for like 60 ish would be a good bet, invest in a cobb 006, full exhaust, intercooler and injectors.... start there. then if you want you could always throw some turbos on there and really wake her up.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Just 10 months ago I was in your shoes. I bought a mint 2010 Black off the showroom floor and now plan to raise the bhp to 550-580, have fun with it, and keep it as a family heirloom. It should be great fun running on ethanol against futuristic electric cars!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.