Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a chance to get the wheels on yesterday, they are 20x10 and 20x11.5 LF8i's, brushed faces, chrome lips (I didn't want polished due to upkeep), and matte black barrels. I stuck with 20's because I wanted some sidewall to hook. Car makes 650awhp on T1's dyno, ~750awhp on a DynoJet so hooking does help.

Just one pic for now, pro pics coming:

Shoot me a PM if you guys want any more info on them, I don't frequent the forums too much.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've noticed that wheels with a deep lip look smaller than wheels where the face goes to the edge of the lip. I agree that they look smaller than stock, but it is an illusion.
FWIW, the wheels and the appearance of the car would look sick if it was lowered. I have 15mm and 20mm spacers on my stock wheels which is very aggressive with Tanabe springs, and there is no rubbing issues and the drivability with the springs is much improved.

Mark

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've noticed that wheels with a deep lip look smaller than wheels where the face goes to the edge of the lip. I agree that they look smaller than stock, but it is an illusion.
FWIW, the wheels and the appearance of the car would look sick if it was lowered. I have 15mm and 20mm spacers on my stock wheels which is very aggressive with Tanabe springs, and there is no rubbing issues and the drivability with the springs is much improved.

Mark
Agreed. Definitely an illusion, and my tires have a slightly taller sidewall than factory so that doesn't help. Definitely 20's though, I don't think 275/40/20's and 315/35/20's would fit a 19" wheel, lol. How's the ride quality compared to stock with those springs?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Agreed. Definitely an illusion, and my tires have a slightly taller sidewall than factory so that doesn't help. Definitely 20's though, I don't think 275/40/20's and 315/35/20's would fit a 19" wheel, lol. How's the ride quality compared to stock with those springs?
It's the first time I've put springs on a car and the ride actually improved. The three suspension settings are more noticeably different. I would recommend these springs to anyone, and FWIW, they are the cheapest of all the springs.

Mark

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's crazy how small 20's look on GTRs! I have a 21 in the rear on the Diablo and it looks massive. Looks clean though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.