Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Your ad here! ;-)
627 Posts
Not sure if this is the proper sub-forum, but hoping someone can help. I started noticing that my 2010 with 4K miles is exhibiting a nasty behavior - slowly accelerating while going into corner, gas pedal becomes unresponsive and unpredictable - car almost feels like a manual tranny car does, as it is about to stall. Tapping on gas will result in nothing and then all of the sudden, it kicks in and car screams to life. This usually happens when going from stand still or low speed (below 10 mph).Not sure if this is a turbo lag or whatnot. Dealer told me some bs along the lines of "oh, this is normal. the fluids have a dense viscocity and therefore result in perceived sluggishness". LOL WUT????All I can tell you is that making a turn onto the road out of the parking, there were quite a few times when I felt that the car would stall in the middle of the road, as gas pedal became unresponsive.Can anyone make any suggestions?

·
Happy in Hermosa
1,534 Posts
If youu're driving in auto, it sounds like your traping your transmission between 1st & 2nd gears, or even between 2nd & 3rd... A not uncommon occurance.

Other than that, I have nothing.

·
Your ad here! ;-)
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope. Stock, except cameras front/rear

·
Your ad here! ;-)
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Your ad here! ;-)
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually noticed the revs drop very low when it happens - around 500 RPMs - that's why it feels odd. It's almost as if I have to floor it going into turns.

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
It may be that you are catching the trans between neutral and a gear. I had that happen to me occasionally before I had the ability to mess with the trans via Cobb.

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
Not sure if this is the proper sub-forum, but hoping someone can help. I started noticing that my 2010 with 4K miles is exhibiting a nasty behavior - slowly accelerating while going into corner, gas pedal becomes unresponsive and unpredictable - car almost feels like a manual tranny car does, as it is about to stall. Tapping on gas will result in nothing and then all of the sudden, it kicks in and car screams to life. This usually happens when going from stand still or low speed (below 10 mph).

Not sure if this is a turbo lag or whatnot. Dealer told me some bs along the lines of "oh, this is normal. the fluids have a dense viscocity and therefore result in perceived sluggishness". LOL WUT????

All I can tell you is that making a turn onto the road out of the parking, there were quite a few times when I felt that the car would stall in the middle of the road, as gas pedal became unresponsive.

Can anyone make any suggestions?
You probably need a clutch relearn. Go to your dealer and ask for it.

The Touch Points are too aggressive. Does your car creep forward at a good clip when you have it in drive with no throttle?

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
sorry, I'm a n00b - not sure what that means ;-)
POS (Performance Optimization Services)

The first POS is at 1,000 miles. Next is at 12 months, 24 months, and 36 months all complimentary from the Nissan dealer. There is a page in the service and maintenance guide to record the settings and services. Failure to have the required services done at the intervals noted may void any remaining Nissan
warranty coverage.

Clutch alignment -The design of the clutch and transmission requires inspection and adjustment of the clutch and shift forks by a GT-R certified NISSAN dealer at the recommended intervals. Depending on driving conditions, more frequent adjustments may be necessary to help maximize vehicle performance. Or alternatively the Cobb AccessPORT with TCM support can do a clutch relearn and adjustment.

Engine balancing - Each cylinder bank of this engine operates independently due to the vehicle's twin turbocharger design. Each side of the engine must operate at the same level of performance. The air flow of each bank must be checked and adjusted as necessary by a GT-R certified NISSAN dealer.

Checking wheel alignment-This vehicle is equipped with a high performance suspension. As the suspension components "break-in", the vehicle's wheel alignment needs to be measured and adjusted by a GT-R certified dealer at the recommended intervals.

·
Founder/Admin
26,149 Posts
you know sometimes when i pull up to a stop sign the rpms drop to like 500 then pop back up...sometimes it doesnt....

·
Registered
822 Posts
This has only happened to me when Im in manual and I pull up to a stop sign or something in second and if I wait to long the car starts to shift to first and it will do that same thing.

·
Your ad here! ;-)
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My gas pedal becomes completely unresponsive for a second or so, going into turns. My foot's on the gas as I'm going into turn, at the apex of the turn I start to accelerate but nothing happens. I stomp the pedal and only THEN car wakes up a bit and roars to life. I've had several of these incidents recently and it's scary - on more than one ocasion I nearly had an accident pulling out onto the road. I now wait until there are NO cars before pulling out - makes merging into traffic during busy times very risky.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Unresponsive throttle on a turn sounds like VDC screwing around. Perhaps give this a shot (carefully!) with VDC off and see what that does. Stock tires and wheels?

·
Registered
589 Posts
This has happened to me to, rpms drop to 500rpm, i hear a loud rattle, then it lurches back to life and is fine. Doesn't happen to often, and only when coming to a slow stop and then getting back on it.

·
Your ad here! ;-)
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Unresponsive throttle on a turn sounds like VDC screwing around. Perhaps give this a shot (carefully!) with VDC off and see what that does. Stock tires and wheels?
Yes, stock everything. And yes, I notice a difference with VCD off - doesn't seem to happen. Hm...

·
Your ad here! ;-)
627 Posts
An update for those that may be curious/stumble upon same issue: after taking it to the shop, they claimed nothing was wrong, there was no Nissan bulletin and their internal "tech support" had no knowledge of the issue, therefore they considered it normal. They even tried to sell me BS along the lines of:

* The fluids are thick and that may feel like car is sluggish in turns (HUH?)
* Implied I never drove an AWD car before and therefore didn't know how it operated under normal conditions
* Thats how they all operate

I called the service manager, who proceeded to tell me that they have THE BEST GT-R TECH IN THE USA working for them (LOL) and if he found no issue - then the problem must be me. After I told them that A) I drove other GT-Rs that did not have same issue and B) that brighter brains on NAGTROC would beg to differ and suggested some of the things posted above, only then they reluctantly agreed to give the re-learn a shot... however, I'm not sure exactly which setting was re-programmed.

GUESS WHAT: it now drives normally!!! and I can go into turns without the lag.
UPDATE 9/24/12: NOPE... STILL NOT SOLVED!

Now the question is: where to take my GT-R for service in southeastern PA, now that I realize how amature this place is...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Could it be a problem with the BOV's. My old 300 zx turbo would act the same way and also stall. Turned out it was the BOV's . Had them 100% atmosphere. Just a thought

·
Registered
179 Posts
Could it be a problem with the BOV's. My old 300 zx turbo would act the same way and also stall. Turned out it was the BOV's . Had them 100% atmosphere. Just a thought
LOL.... This issue is fixed now bro, so not sure what stock non-adjustable BOV's have to do with a clutch relearn - and comparing issues you experienced in a 20 yr old 300ZX to the GT-R??..... WTF this is indeed a crazy world.. :p

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
LOL.... This issue is fixed now bro, so not sure what stock non-adjustable BOV's have to do with a clutch relearn - and comparing issues you experienced in a 20 yr old 300ZX to the GT-R??..... WTF this is indeed a crazy world.. :p
It is actually valid. Not a crazy idea at all. A BOV that vents to atmosphere on a MAF car(like a 300zx, original Skyline GT-R's, or the current GT-R) will go rich when the BOV vents. This causes the rpm to drop. If you do it right, the car stalls.

Car is a car, and parts are parts.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts