Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran my first 1/4 mile today. 2015 Premium, 9K miles, all stock. Ran in R / R / R.

11.1 seconds at 123 mph. -795 ft. DA (47.9* F). This seems reasonable from everything I've read. Maybe?
:dunno:

Oh, & try and ignore that reaction time...second time ever running a 1/4 mile...
:wink:

·
Founder/Admin
26,232 Posts
Wow negative DA! Man some would kill for that. [email protected] is a solid run for a 15. Anytime you get a 1.6 anything in the 60ft you are doing what you need to do.

Only thing I see is maybe try comfort mode and see if you can chip away at that 60ft just a little more. But all in all with the excellent weather I would say your first ever run is coming close to maxing the car out stock. a 1.60 might have netted you a 11 flat or maybe 10.9999 who knows

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgot to mention I was running on 93 with less than 1/4 a tank.

MC, thanks for the insights. I'm going to presume you mean putting the suspension in C?

Will be my only run stock so I'm glad I have a recorded base (even if the negative ~800 feet DA will be hard to recreate).

Mod bug starts biting this Tuesday with a Boost Logic Formula Series 4" Titanium install. Should have picked-up a cocain habit, would have been cheaper.

·
Founder/Admin
26,232 Posts
Yeah Suspension in comfort but its a small variable. I was at the track Friday night tire pressure down to 26 Suspension in comfort and it still spun and even wheel hopped a bit in one lane to so so prep. So there is some luck of the draw involved too

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took it back to the track since having the Boost Logic Formula Series 4" Ti exhaust install. Everything else still stock. Best run was able to shave 0.1 seconds off:

11.0 seconds at 120 mph. 379 ft. DA. R / R / R. 93 octane.

It's interesting (to me at least) that my ET is down 0.1 seconds, but my trap is almost 3 mph slower..

I tried a run in the same lane with the R / C / R setting, but had some wheel spin.

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
Took it back to the track since having the Boost Logic Formula Series 4" Ti exhaust install. Everything else still stock. Best run was able to shave 0.1 seconds off:

11.0 seconds at 120 mph. 379 ft. DA. R / R / R. 93 octane.

It's interesting (to me at least) that my ET is down 0.1 seconds, but my trap is almost 3 mph slower..

I tried a run in the same lane with the R / C / R setting, but had some wheel spin.
Your trap is slower because your DA is worse. Had you had that negative 700 DA again, you would have run 10.9x or better.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Gotta love good 'ol Memphis air lol. Stock I have trapped anywhere from 119-124. ET's are consistent at 10.9-11.2. You are spot on with your car for our crappy track!!! I hate that the track is closed...I am loving this cool air!!

Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts