Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Like a BOSS
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 2012 GT-R to the dragstrip yesterday to see if it would dip into the 10s. The only mods at this point: HKS resonated midpipe and Legamax exhaust.

First pass was a 10.98 @ 123 mph

Second pass you can hear it chirping the tires just a little at take off and it went 11.00 @ 123 mph.

Here is a video of my two runs. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Excellent & 1.61 short time--awesome!

Was the weather much warmer then when you did your VBOX runs? The MPH was off a good bit from those.

Thx & congrats on being the 1st into the 10s.

·
Like a BOSS
645 Posts
Excellent & 1.61 short time--awesome!
Was the weather much warmer then when you did your VBOX runs? The MPH was off a good bit from those.
Thx & congrats on being the 1st into the 10s.
Yes it was a little warmer and I had 1/2 tank of fuel, but your right the MPH was off from my previous VBOX #s. It might have something to do with the stock tune adjusting to the exhaust overtime, but that's just a guess. Hopefully COBB will have the 2012 AP available in a couple months.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
did you run the vbox with these real runs at the strip? from my experience, my vbox runs are better on the street.... the sticky track slows the car down some...

It's one of the best. The Greddy 94mm titanium system is also a nice choice since it lighter and can handle big HP for upgraded/replacement turbos (it would be little louder though since it's non-resonated). Stock airboxes/filters.

Yes it was a little warmer and I had 1/2 tank of fuel, but your right the MPH was off from my previous VBOX #s. It might have something to do with the stock tune adjusting to the exhaust overtime, but that's just a guess. Hopefully COBB will have the 2012 AP available in a couple months.

·
Like a BOSS
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
did you run the vbox with these real runs at the strip? from my experience, my vbox runs are better on the street.... the sticky track slows the car down some...
My previous VBOX runs were on the street, so maybe your right. Probably a slight 1% decline where I was testing on the street also.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Congrats Mike! That is awesome getting into the 10's first time out.

As for the MPH difference, it's possible to show differences because the drag strip MPH is calculated where the PBOX is measured via GPS.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
First of all, congratulations for having the first 2012 GTR that runs 10s!

Judging from your trap speed, it is now certain that even a bone stock GTR could have run 10s too. Your trap speed was 123! A bone stock GTR already trapped 124! It's only a matter of time till a bone stock 2012 GTR runs 10s too!

Well done!

·
Registered
420 Posts
^^^^^^^^^I haven't ran mine yet, but would there be any possible gains by starting in RRR auto, launching the car, and then bumping the shifter over to manual mode while it is in 2nd gear and using manual mode the rest of the way down the track??? I have heard that it sorta short shifts in auto mode? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
my car is consistently quicker in RRR manual if you nail the shift points....

^^^^^^^^^I haven't ran mine yet, but would there be any possible gains by starting in RRR auto, launching the car, and then bumping the shifter over to manual mode while it is in 2nd gear and using manual mode the rest of the way down the track??? I have heard that it sorta short shifts in auto mode? Any thoughts?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.