Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not active here, but did a quick search and haven't seen any posting on crashed GTR's. So can this be the first?

I don't know the whole story, but this is one of the first R35's in Brooklyn,. These were taken by my brother in law whos' an insurance adjuster. Guy waited 6 months for the car got it had the car for about a month. Sad to see how the lack of driving skills can ruin a supercar.

John

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually they are fixing the car.I told him to salvage the car out, but he's not the underwriter for the car. 2nd thing my bro in law said to me is "i don't know why he brought it there to fix". So I'm going to assume this is going to be a half a$$ job :(

John

·
Registered
395 Posts
Can you get us the VIN of the car, so no one on here buys the freaking POS when he sells it?
Absolutely, positively +1

By the way, don't always trust carfax on one of these things. It's completely up to whether or not the repair place reports it as a major accident. I know a "friend" who got into a 20k accident on a 28k car... Pretty serious.... and it never showed up on any report when he sold the car.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Good thing I don't like red...

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
i dunno, carfax sometimes even shows minor accidents as a "accident"... were police involved?

·
Registered
395 Posts
i dunno, carfax sometimes even shows minor accidents as a "accident"... were police involved?
On my friend's, police came by and called the tow truck, but no ticket was issued. Airbags went off and everything, yet no carfax problem (he even did his own report when he sold it, to see what showed up there). There were plenty of "maintenance" and "oil change" types of things on there... But no accident.

·
Registered
106 Posts
who knows if it's the gtr's driver error ?
You're right, we don't know but it wouldn't surprise me to know the driver was going way to fast and lost control. Sad thing with this vehicle is its going to attract a group that know its performance, but drives sensible and a group that knows its performance and wants to race every other car on the street. I sure hope the latter is a minority, but this vehicle is really designed for one major feat, performance and speed.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I posted this in another local forum (G35nyc) and the people said he was going about 50-65mph into a diner, kings plaza diner to be exact.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I posted this in another local forum (G35nyc) and the people said he was going about 50-65mph into a diner, kings plaza diner to be exact.
Sorry to say that was just plain dum

I honestly don't know if I would like to post the vin, it will definately help member's, but it's not mine to post out. Heck if someone posted the vin of my cars I'll go and kick their bubble makers.

John

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would buy the brake rotors in a heart beat and save them for when i need them! many track events ahead of my GTR and those rotors won't last long!!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Sorry to say that was just plain dum

I honestly don't know if I would like to post the vin, it will definately help member's, but it's not mine to post out. Heck if someone posted the vin of my cars I'll go and kick their bubble makers.

John
JaS3113, you're usually on Freshalloy, right? I knew your screenname's familiar.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've had the GTR for 5 days now, and it has already saved my ass twice. First, a gal was taking a slow left and screeched to a halt with her tail hanging out in my lane. A car was to my right, so I stomped on the brakes, the tires chirped for a second, and I came to a dead halt. Second, I ran over a 6 inch bolt driving it cross country from the dealer...tire pressure sensor warned me, I pulled over, run-flats got me to a repair shop, and all is well. So in the first 24 hours of ownership, the GTR's technology saved me a fender bender and a towing bill.

GTR-2, Random Crap that Ruins your Day-0

Oh, and no thanks to the St Louis Nissan dealers. The flat tire happened on Saturday, and all of them said, "Sorry, we don't carry that tire, we can't repair it, and its a holiday weekend and I'm leaving soon so you're basically screwed. Have a nice day." In fairness, the St Charles Nissan dealer referred me to Andy Wurm Tire Repair shop. They were dynamite. Here's a link to them. Nothing fancy, just a basic tire place, but they saved my ass on a holiday weekend when no one else would, not even Nissan.

http://local.yahoo.com/info-17702516-andy-...orated-st-louis

1 - 20 of 34 Posts