Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been on here for about a year or so and this is my first thread.

I've been searching for awhile for a square 18 inch wheel/tire set up on my MY15. I researched the wheels that fit, but didn't see anyone with these wheels yet in a 18 inch and let alone a square 18 inch wheel set up.

Wheel specs:
Enkei RS05-RR 18x10.5 15mm ET 5x114.3 75.0 Bore

I bought one wheel to test fit (it will fit several of my other cars so it's not a complete waste of $ if it doesn't fit). It fits for the most part. I seen people changing or shaving down the caliper bolts. My bolts clear, but what I wasn't expecting was the retainer/anti-rattle clips are rubbing on the inner barrel (see pictures).

Can see the scrape on the retainer flip edge:
Orange Automotive lighting Wood Helmet Sculpture

From inside the barrel on backside, upper retainer clip is scrapping the barrel:

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Wood Tread

Also from inside the barrel lower retainer clip not touching, but a little too close:

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

I assume others have ran into this issue. What's the fix? I prefer to have these clips left on, but I'm sure you can run without them. Are there lower profile retainer clips?

On a side note, due to the specs on this wheel, I'll be getting wider front fenders, but that'll be for another thread.

Here's the wheel in question. I think it looks a little funny without a tire and car lifted up, but I think it'll look great with tires and on the ground.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
169 Posts
Chris Riggs has been advertising on his FB page a Low Profile spring clip, Not sure if its available yet, but soon.

John-

1 - 2 of 2 Posts