Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
3,068 Posts
Not sure if stupid, or extremely lucky. Or perhaps both?

I found this link through another forum and thought, "Wow... WTF".

So my time almost came to an end this morning... im very lucky to be alive.

First of all, GO HUG YOUR WIFE/HUBBY and tell them you love them.

i had an acetylene bottle in my truck, the valve was bumped so slightly and over night the truck filled with the gas. i noticed the smell, and opened the doors to air out the truck. i drove the truck out of the garage to get some more air movement. i went to roll the pass side window down and as soon as i touched the power windows. BAM. with me in the truck. i lost all hearing out of my right ear and got a scratch on the back of my head. all things considering, im alive.

so now ive got the question out to toyota about a 2012 TT. 125 to canada only, 15 in standard. i want a standard...

pictures tell 1000 words.

dont take any minutes or seconds you have for granted... it may be your last...

peace everyone,
evan...

Link to the original thread: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...950-post1.html

·
Turbo AWD or Nothing
1,223 Posts
Man that would have been hilarious to watch this happen. Talk about dumb..

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Dam. Glad you didn't get seriously hurt

·
Registered
282 Posts
Damn! You are definitely lucky to be alive. I can't believe what the cruiser looks like.

·
I'm everywhere.
857 Posts
that's one lucky guy

·
Original BNR32 'Zilla.
790 Posts
I'm sorry but your darwin awards nomination has been disqualified because 1.) you're still alive, and 2.) you didn't lose your ability to breed.

·
Super Moderator
3,445 Posts
wow what an idiot. Why would anyone EVER leave that container in a car with the stopper open.

I keep race gas at home in the 5 gallon pails. Its stored in a cool dark room on a wooden pallet. When I'm refulling I remove my watch, cell phone (anything that could spark) and put the car out in an open area. When I'm done with the containers I fill them completely with water to displace and gas fumes in them.

18,286 Posts
Lucky it wasn't an explorer, first the c2h2 then the gas tank...
The Crown Vics were the ones w/ gas tank issues. Explorers just like to do barrel rolls on the highway. If something like this happened in a police issue Crown Vic, I wonder if the fire suppression system would go off...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts