Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a 2009 gtr that has between 550 and 600 rwhp, which LC would give the fastest 1/4-mile time with:
  • a) street tires (non-runflats)
  • b) drag radials
Which LC would be the safest for the transmission? I understand LC1 can be rough on 1st gear, but I've also been told LC4 can be rough on the clutches on high-power gtr's, which makes sense since it uses the clutches to control spinning.

I now have the Cobb TCM that revs to 4k rpm and is based on LC2, but have the choice to go Cobb LC4 or LC1. Any input on this, theoretical or based on experience, would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
The LC2 @ 4k on DR's worked well for me. I think the LC4 at your power levels is not yet fully tested out. Give it a little time, and I think that will be the best option, but no real answer yet..

LC1 is my least favorite option ... reserved more for big turbo cars with upgraded 1st gear and such..

Good to see you around Felix !! I was wondering where U have been ..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there Clint, thanks for the response. Yeah I was sort of disconnected there, wasn't I, but I'm back for winter and good DA's.

While I have your attention, what works best in your experience at the drag strip, manual or auto? If manual, what are the best shift points rpm wise, the instant I see red or just before? Thanks and good to hear from you too.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Hi there Clint, thanks for the response. Yeah I was sort of disconnected there, wasn't I, but I'm back for winter and good DA's.

While I have your attention, what works best in your experience at the drag strip, manual or auto? If manual, what are the best shift points rpm wise, the instant I see red or just before? Thanks and good to hear from you too.
Felix do you go to homestead? I think you have PS2's like me. I have the white one with stock wheels most of the time.

Back to the topic.

My best times are 1.58 60ft on Bridgestone RE070s runflats with LC2 based Cobb 3300rpm

My best time on the Pilot Sport 2's is 1.57 with LC4 (it was spinning hard still)

I hope to have some data with my new drag tires (18" M&H at all 4 corners) and LC4 in the next week or 2. With the LC4 and VDC off it lets the clutch out pretty quick and feels good to me.

My best 60ft is 4200 RPM LC2 based Cobb 18" NT05R Drag Radials. 1.485 60ft.

As for manual vs automatic. My best times are Manual R Shifting right before redline.

For me on the street with street tires LC2 3300 is good and consistent. For daily driving with no launching LC4 is great, its just 4000 rpms is too much for street tires. I am hoping that with drag radials the LC4 will shine. If not will go back to lc2 based stuff, as it works pretty good.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, Bill, how are you? Great data,thanks you for such a thorough response. I wish more people would pitch in on this topic. I am getting NT05R's (rear only) next week, as unfortunately I have never seen 60ft's below 1.75. See see you next Friday at Homestead, hopefully you'll have your new drag tires by then to put LC4 to the test.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yes, Bill, how are you? Great data,thanks you for such a thorough response. I wish more people would pitch in on this topic. I am getting NT05R's (rear only) next week, as unfortunately I have never seen 60ft's below 1.75. See see you next Friday at Homestead, hopefully you'll have your new drag tires by then to put LC4 to the test.
What will you keep on the front?

·
Registered
520 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
hello a question I am willing to pay you the file lc2 changed to 4000 rpm original nissan ... which for my transmission (jf4b) is the best .. or there is a trick to raise the revs .. I need more laps to larger turbines

1 - 9 of 9 Posts