Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
They have been getting snatched up this year. Dealers are aggressively buying them. That leaves the ones that indiviuals are selling but want too much. You can luck out and find one, but you have to keep hunting. Other than that I would suggest Bernie at BJ Motors or Shelby at Elite. I think Shelby has a blue one right now.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw the one at Elite. You're right about dealers buying them all. I let one go last year and now I am probably going to end up paying 20% more.

Also, I'd like to add, I want a stock car, no mods, not even wheels.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I saw the one at Elite. You're right about dealers buying them all. I let one go last year and now I am probably going to end up paying 20% more.

Also, I'd like to add, I want a stock car, no mods, not even wheels.
Call [email protected] Autos you won't find a more honest person to deal with... I've bought boat's and car's from him and am extremely pleased with his service's.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I effin love this car, it has been my dream car for years now. I just can't stomach the prices on used ones from dealers. Good luck in your search? This is my first choice on a GT-R replacement w/the Gallardo second.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
blue is hard to find and you'll pay a premium for it..... the dark blue is kind of bland for the GT....

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Appreciate the responses buys.
Blue is my thing, if you will.

A friend here in OH has few GTs. I talk to him yesterday and he might be willing to part with one of them. It's just the right color and low miles, he wants top dollar for it, but let's see if we can make it work.

Roketman, that GT with blue wheels looks GREAT!!!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
hope it works out, the GT is a badass car and will only go up in value....

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah man, I have always admired this car. If I did in fact end up getting one, I probably won't sell it. Let's see, I'm excited.
BTW, how long do the clutches generally last on these cars?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I don't hear people having to replace the clutch, even so, I don't think it's expensive.... I know you want a stock one, but the extra 100+HP from a pulley and tune is a must!
my car put down 527 rwhp stock and 637 rwhp afterwards...

Yeah man, I have always admired this car. If I did in fact end up getting one, I probably won't sell it. Let's see, I'm excited.
BTW, how long do the clutches generally last on these cars?

·
Registered
480 Posts
I don't hear people having to replace the clutch, even so, I don't think it's expensive.... I know you want a stock one, but the extra 100+HP from a pulley and tune is a must!
my car put down 527 rwhp stock and 637 rwhp afterwards...
Both of the Whipple GT's I shot made over 700whp and still had the OEM clutch.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Does anyone know of someone who has one for sale?
Preferably Midnight blue, low mile.
Don't really want to go through dealers n all.
should be a couple for sale on autotrader, asides from buying from a private party you do have a lot of safety nets vs. buying from a private party also Galpin Ford in Van Nuys Ca has a lot of them for sale used.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
should be a couple for sale on autotrader, asides from buying from a private party you do have a lot of safety nets vs. buying from a private party also Galpin Ford in Van Nuys Ca has a lot of them for sale used.
I have looked at auto trader and cars.com, surprisingly cars.com has many for sale as well.
I am checking out the Galpin's website, nothing listed. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
The Ford GT, one of two All American cars I would love to own! The other is the Dodge Viper (side-pipes are mandatory)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.