Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spotted this car a few days ago, Whats up with the window and the tubes hanging out? Lol i thought it was the exhaust at first, but after a closer look, you can see its clearly duck taped. Could this be a GT40 Replica or something?

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Probably a replica, but most people have ducts to have airflow coming into the cabin when they have windows that can't go up or down. I think he just wanted the "racecar" look. And sadly, the duct tape isn't really doing it.

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
I was trying to figure out what was going on with the plate too. Looks like a Euro plate with a Cali seal on it. Never seen that.

I've driven a couple of real GT-40's, but only up and down the street. They are pretty tight inside. I guess he needed some ventilation in cab.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
That thing has nothing on my old Evo setup... LOL

I had that on there to get under noise restriction dB level for that event venue.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That thing has nothing on my old Evo setup... LOL

I had that on there to get under noise restriction dB level for that event venue.
lol thats insane
!

So if i wanted a GT40 Replica for some strange reason, what car would i have to buy in order for the body kit to fit? Haha

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
The only replica I really like is by Superformance version. They get pricey though too the point you might as well get the real thing...albeit used.
A real GT40 trades hands for a lot of money. Back in the 90's, my father had a customer that purchased one, it was $850k then. Haven't looked at any prices in the last few years. The cars with race history are in the millions.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
he's probably cable tied an ice cube on the other end of the tube

red neck air con

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Looks like a pretty good GT40 Replica, I am sure there is no A/C and no airflow with those windows. They probably went out for a cruise early in the morning and as the temp outside and car got hot the inside was miserable. It is ugly but if you have a couple hour drive why do it and be miserable? Anyone that has built a car knows that as you do shakedown runs you learn a lot about what you need to do. I bet he finds/orders some more authentic window scoops for the next cruise once he gets home.

Ryan

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.