Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Hey everyone,

The AMS Nissan R35 GT-R Front Mount Intercooler is one of the best performing intercooler upgrades you can buy
and has the 9 second time slips to back it up. This is the same durable, race proven front mount intercooler used in
our world record setting SR850 package. This direct bolt-on intercooler has over 30% more internal flow area than
its stock counterpart, works with stock piping and does not require any cutting or trimming! This intercooler bolts on
so nice and clean you would swear it was an OEM Nissan piece!!

The AMS Intercooler features cast aluminum end tanks for added durability with extremely smooth features and
geometry. Designed by our engineering team using Solidworks (3D CAD software) these A356 T6 Alloy Aluminum
end tanks have improved flow over sheet metal end tanks and include integrated OEM location mounting brackets
for ease of installation. Custom molded silicone couplers are included to optimize airflow volume and velocity which
feed the 3" inlet and outlet ports.

Features

* Supported the first 9 second GT-R in the world
* Direct bolt-on requires NO cutting or trimming
* 30% more internal flow area than stock
* Smooth flowing cast end tanks allow for better airflow over the competitions sheet metal units
* 3" inlet and outlet ports
* Custom molded silicone couplers to optimize airflow volume and velocity.
* Will bolt up to stock piping or most aftermarket pipe kits that are designed for the stock intercooler
* Bar and plate intercooler core, the best performing on the market!
* OEM-like fit and finish
* All AMS intercoolers are pressure tested after assembly to 50 psi

Kit Includes

* Front Mount Intercooler
* Custom molded silicone couplers
* Hose clamps

Specifications

* Intercooler core dimensions: 9" tall, 22" wide and 4" thick
* Supports up to 1200HP
* Comes with black "AMS" painted logo

Call or PM us to place your order today!

Thanks!
Forged Performance
770-792-0202

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
I'm in the market for an intercooler, but where is the data?

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
We need a comparison in terms of dimentions, pressure drop and its horse power handling capability

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys, we will try to get some data for you as soon as we have tested both the HKS and AMS in house. Until then we are at the mercy of AMS to post some data on their IC's

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
I honestly have no comparable data to report. Doing a test like this requires such controlled conditions that often times the data is corrupt. Sadly we have seen so many MFG's post bloated or false information that it is difficult to report any REAL results. The proof in an intercooler is really in real world results. Heat soak kills any inefficient cooler and the AMS one really solves that. The cores we use we have been using for YEARS here and have always been proven to be the best on the market. High quality Bar and plate cores with little to no pressure drop across the core. Equivalent sized cores here that we make for other cars have less then 1 psi of pressure drop across the core..and this is on a horizontal flow core. This has an even shorter distance of travel as its vertical.

On the white GT-R we were able to make back to back to back to back 750 plus whp pulls. In the Texas heat at TX2k10 our first pull yielded 763whp our second pull right after yielded 765 whp. Clearly the FMIC was doing it job.

the only REAL test that would make sense is doing a swap same day on a car that is running some extended sessions on a road course. I would stack our IC up against all of them for producing some of the lowest charge temps around

Eric

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Any concern about the bar and plate design blocking airflow to the radiator?

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
Just answered this in the previous thread but we have never had an issue with the cores we use adversely affecting Radiator performance.

Eric

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
any track data to report then? esprit did some data compairisons. they ran a few laps the year before (with GT570 kit) and compaired it to the laps they ran after the intercooler installed (with GT570 kit) they had some temp data that showed a decrease in temp from using the intercooler. So i think it was an average of the laps they did (iirc they stated the amount of laps and on which track too). they didnt report transmission temps before and after but HKS did iirc (i dunno when any of the race tracks open).

·
jbmnsx
346 Posts
I'm interested, great price, how many people have signed up?

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your NAGTROC group rate price is a low $2,150 SHIPPED

We only need 10 committed buyers, so please add your name to the list. The GB will end in 10 days, so please act now!

1. thebishman
2. mhickey

Let's fill this list up!

Call or PM me to place your order today!

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
How can we get group buys on other products?

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
Your NAGTROC group rate price is a low $2,150 SHIPPED

We only need 10 committed buyers, so please add your name to the list. The GB will end in 10 days, so please act now!

1. thebishman
2. mhickey
3. Shahul

Let's fill this list up!

Call or PM me to place your order today!

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts

1. thebishman
2. mhickey
3. Shahul
4. thesimones

Let's fill this list up!

·
GTR
274 Posts
I am interested. BUT is this needed if I don't track the car? I am making around 550 WHP and I know stock turbos run hotter. Is this a good upgrade for stock turbo cars running more boost without track use?

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
I am interested. BUT is this needed if I don't track the car? I am making around 550 WHP and I know stock turbos run hotter. Is this a good upgrade for stock turbo cars running more boost without track use?
Hi Bret, I would not recommend them as strongly for a street car that never see the track. Cooler inlet charge is beneficial to a street car as well, but I would not say it's a requirement over the OEM unit for daily driving with stock turbos. But it's worth a few whp regardless.

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Please go ahead and place orders here: http://www.forgedperformance.com/store/pro...=505&page=1
You will not be charged until the GB is closed and we've reached the 10 member mark. Your group buy purchase will not be confirmed, unless we recieve an order through our website, or over the phone. THANKS!!!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts