Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
As many of you know, Forged Performance was among the first Dodson Motorsports Pro-Dealers and GR6 transmission centers in the USA. With our extensive in house experience building and repairing transmissions, we achieved this status without the customary training visit by Glenn himself. Of course, we didn't want to miss the opportunity to have Glenn come to Forged and share his deep insights and tricks of the trade with respect to the GR6 transmission. So on his way back from the SEMA show, he paid us a visit prior to heading back home. He also brought a basket of top secret prototype parts with him. Despite our best attempts to "misplace" the parts, they eventually found their way into his checked luggage and he's now on his way back to New Zealand.

So join us and have a unique look inside the transmission assembly clean room at Forged Performance, and some of the processes involved in building and assembling 1000whp+ capable transmissions that can sustain the rigors of road racing and drag racing. Glenn is one of the most detail oriented, knowledgeable and passionate people I've met in this industry and it was a real treat to have him around us for a few days.

The video looks incredible in 1080p full HD, so grab your high speed internet connection.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Thanks for the video, that was pretty cool. Would of liked to have maybe see some commentary from Glenn, however.

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
Cool video. Quite a complex contraption.

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
pretty cool video! thats a lot of stuff to remember when putting back together

I met Glen at Sema , really nice guy and i know all about those new goodies

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
nice video Forged Performance, I like that toaster oven to heat the gears!

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Sharif, is the toaster oven part of the Dodson tool kit?
LMAO! We had many a chuckle about the toaster oven It's a pretty a fancy unit...i think I paid about $15 for it a garage sale. Glad you all enjoyed the video.

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the video, that was pretty cool. Would of liked to have maybe see some commentary from Glenn, however.
Side note..I really like that Signature photo.

Yeah, we were thinking of adding some commentary from Glen, but much of the language won't pass FCC muster...haha! This was a Sunday work session where anything goes!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sharif, thanks for posting the video. Great piece to illustrate this incredible feat of engineering!

Mark W.

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Did you learn any new tricks from Glen? or did you guys basically know what he showed you?
We always keep an open mind, and Glenn definitely shared three or four things that will really help us all out. Because of our technicians previous experience, the training went very quickly, without the usual transmission 101 type discussions. Most of what we learned is process improvement and order of operation types of things that can make the job go more smoothly with less frustration. And that's the goal, always...slight process improvements and keeping a wide open mind. Glenn's best words of advice: assume that everything you touch is crap, and you have to PROVE to yourself that each part is good. That's a great life lesson, whether building transmissions, engines, or hamburgers.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.