Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
This weekend, we took home two first place finishes in NASA Time Trials, but also had the unique opportunity to race against a Ferrari F430 GT that is being prepped to compete in the 24hr next year. I've never had so much fun chasing a car around a track.

Too bad I only had 3 laps worth of fuel on board....I ran out. :(

Mike Davidson, the driver of the F430 sent me his in car video with his 1:30 lap.

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great driving Sharif.
You seem to have epic battles with 430GT's . First at Sebring and now at VIR.
Were you on 888's?
Hoosier A6's this time....just don't tell Toyo.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Awesome driving sharif. I need to see someone actually driving a GTR in the rain. Can't wait any longer for ur trackday video

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Great stuff Sharif; awesome driving.

Do you know much about the Ferrari? I thought it was extremely well driven given the fact that it has to be well down on power versus your GT-R and of course doesn't have AWD. The fact it is probably many hundreds of lbs lighter didn't hurt though!! lol

Bish

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Great stuff Sharif; awesome driving.

Do you know much about the Ferrari? I thought it was extremely well driven given the fact that it has to be well down on power versus your GT-R and of course doesn't have AWD. The fact it is probably many hundreds of lbs lighter didn't hurt though!! lol

Bish
What's the FIA GT2 limit on bhp? 470? Anyone know the Rolex limit?

If that's the F430 GT, it should be closer to 1100lbs lighter than even Forged's lightened GT-R, no?

Hey Sharif, is your list of mods on your website still accurate?

Awesome vid, thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What's the FIA GT2 limit on bhp? 470? Anyone know the Rolex limit?

If that's the F430 GT, it should be closer to 1100lbs lighter than even Forged's lightened GT-R, no?

Hey Sharif, is your list of mods on your website still accurate?

Awesome vid, thanks!
Yes it's pretty accurate. The only thing that has changes is on the cooling side. They scaled this car at 2900lbs so it has plenty of room to loose more. My GT-R scaled at 3833lbs with me in the seat.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Nice driving Sharif!!

Which you had more gas in the tank I would love to see if you could have caught him.

What class would he be running in the hours?

·
SuperFly TrackGuy
475 Posts
Text book stuff!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Incredible driving; great video!!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ehhh, lay off the french fries?
The Video is awesome and Sharif, next time make sure you have enough gas to play with any unexpected arrivals OK.

hahaha, your asking Sharif to cut back on his Mackers... NO Way, he makes good money off the stock he gets for eating there so much... ;-) LOL
Although I heard the Local McDonalds had hear he was trying to lighten up in preperation for the coming racing season they were in a panic and sent him over a few free BigMacs, extra large fries and some apple pies to entice him back... hahahahahaha
Hold Strong Sharif only order the salads and water!!!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Cool video. Great driving !

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Video is awesome and Sharif, next time make sure you have enough gas to play with any unexpected arrivals OK.

hahaha, your asking Sharif to cut back on his Mackers... NO Way, he makes good money off the stock he gets for eating there so much... ;-) LOL
Although I heard the Local McDonalds had hear he was trying to lighten up in preperation for the coming racing season they were in a panic and sent him over a few free BigMacs, extra large fries and some apple pies to entice him back... hahahahahaha
Hold Strong Sharif only order the salads and water!!!
I will have you know, that I have given up McDonalds, and I am working out again!
McDonalds's stock is heading south.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts