Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed Swift Sport springs on my 2012 and I am running 15 mm front and 20 mm rear spacers on my OEM wheels and the fitment is flush with no rub. I am considering ordering a set of CF10s based on the great looking pics uploaded by other members in addition their very fair price.

But I am not sure what size to order as I want to retain the flush fitment and reuse my OEM tires that are still good for several thousand miles. I received great recommendations from a couple of vendors but I am hoping to see pics of someone running a 20x10 +30 and 20x11 +15.

·
Registered
335 Posts
If you retain stock tires, they will be slightly stretched on a 10"F and 11"R, this will allow you to run a more aggressive setup. You should however now that Forgestar cannot make these wheels in lower offsets than you specified. If you want to be really "flush", spacers might be required - mostly on the rear wheels.

If you plan on upgrading to wide tires in the future, I would keep the specs you listed !

As always, if there's anything else - let me know

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mattt I did not notice that the 20x11 only comes in +28. So for flush fitment I would still have to run a 15mm spacer?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm having a custom set of rims built and going with 11" width in the back. The offset they are using is +13. So, if you got the +28 from Forgestar and used the 15mm spacer, you would have the same effective offset as +13. Should be perfectly flush.

Mark

·
Registered
97 Posts
they are flow formed like enkeis and most light one piece racing wheels i think my 20 by 12 rear with powder coat was just over 28 it might of been 24 i cant find the text from peter over at forgestar ill find out tomorrow my tires will be here tuesday so ill post my set up pics

·
Registered
335 Posts
a little off topic but how good are Forgestar wheels in terms of quality and weight? are they forged?
They are a flow-formed cast wheel. These are NOT forged. A forged set will be much lighter and/or stronger depending on the load rating and weight.

If you are looking for a track wheel, we have suitable alternatives in forged construction that will be lighter!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Since I have sold a tonn of Forgestars and all types of forged monoblocks specifically for a GT-R, I have weighted a lot of them. The 20" Forgestars do not weigh in at 24lb in any style. They are same weight as OEM wheels or heavier so you are looking at 26-29lb per wheel. The forged monos will be in the 23-27 range. Make sure you research what you are buying before you put the money down.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I'm ready to move forward on ordering some Forgestar wheels. Does the following setup look good for a 2012 lowered on Swift Sport springs?

20x10 +35
20x12 +40

Michelin Super Sport
285/35-20
335/30-20

·
Registered
123 Posts
First, all flow formed wheels are CAST, not forged. No flow-formed wheel has ever been near a forge, so the strength properties are simply not there.
The process of flow-forming involves spinning the barrel, under high pressure, to a specific width.
This does impart some additional strength properties to the alloy, IN THE BARREL ONLY, because of the pressure used.
HOWEVER, the added strength is in the wrong place. The barrel of the wheel is thin and carries very little load.
Most performance forged wheels have a barrel thickness of 3-4mm. This is because the barrel does little more than hold air.
All of the important strength areas of the wheel are in the face, and it is impossible to flow-form the face.

So, in the end, flow-forming is mostly marketing hype. You can't totally discount it because they are a LITTLE stronger than plain cast wheels.
These wheels are cheap because the alloy is cheap and there is very little alloy waste in a modern cast wheel. If the finished wheel weighs 30 lbs, the raw casting rarely weighs more than 35lbs.

In my experience, flow-formed wheels of comparable strength weigh 8-12% less than a plain cast wheel. Forged wheels are 35-45% lighter, depending on who does the engineering.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I think I'm ready to move forward on ordering some Forgestar wheels. Does the following setup look good for a 2012 lowered on Swift Sport springs?

20x10 +35
20x12 +40

Michelin Super Sport
285/35-20
335/30-20
That is what we usually run, you might want to run a 10mm spacer on the rear if you want these really flush but Forgestar can't go lower than the 40mm offset on the 12".

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Matt for responding to my question. My biggest concern is whether I will rub with that setup. I've been told I should run +30 offset on the front but I'm not sure if I run 285/35.

·
Registered
335 Posts
We're prepping a a set with those exact offsets right now with 285s up front, you won't rub. Since these are custom made, we can go as low as a +15 on the 10s. We could run a +30 easily.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Sorry mprsev for the hijack, but been reading the thread with interest. I'm considering running a 20in track setup. Is it possible to get any of the Forgestars in a 20x10.5 or 20x11 square setup? Meaning, same offset all the way around, and what is the maximum tire width i could run without rubbing in front? I would run a 15mm or 20mm spacer in the rear to balance it out. Purpose for the square setup is, easy rotation...

·
Registered
335 Posts
Sorry mprsev for the hijack, but been reading the thread with interest. I'm considering running a 20in track setup. Is it possible to get any of the Forgestars in a 20x10.5 or 20x11 square setup? Meaning, same offset all the way around, and what is the maximum tire width i could run without rubbing in front? I would run a 15mm or 20mm spacer in the rear to balance it out. Purpose for the square setup is, easy rotation...
Yes, and running that spacer at the rear is ideal as well. We can have Forgestar make a set of hubcentric spacers specifically for their wheels standard hub bore (74.6mm).

You can run the F14s in 10.5+25 to 35 all around with a 285 or 295.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.