Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper

So I found this switch today and I'm not sure what it's used for. I'm wondering if anybody installed something in a similar place to maybe get an idea of where to start looking. I've had the car a few months and I'm not sure how I missed this when I've cleaned the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Be funny if it's a pit switch if the GTR was raced.

Sent from my XT1080 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
102 Posts
Remote start on off switch?

Sent from my SM-G925V using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Remote start is a possibility, I'll look into that. I thought maybe some sort of custom lighting switch but didn't find anything out of the ordinary. Also thought a fuel cut switch but it didn't kill the car when I toggled it.

·
Turbo AWD or Nothing
1,223 Posts
Electronic valve switch for a dump tube?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Passenger Ejection Seat, usually weight activated, try it with the wife in the passenger seat. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Passenger Ejection Seat, usually weight activated, try it with the wife in the passenger seat. Lol

Lmao! My wife was sitting next to me and read that. She now thinks the forum is a bad influence, haha!

I'm trying to figure out how to test if it's a remote starter. I don't have anything on my fob to remote start it and I didn't see anything helpful when I searched online.

Sent from my iPhone using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
169 Posts
could be a bypass switch to allow you to use the gps on the fly

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tried lock 3x and unlock 3x for good measure with it flipped in both directions and no luck. I'm probably just going to have to pull the interior apart and follow the wires.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Start popping panels off. You may want to see if there's anything exposed behind it

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Ahh I've seen this before super rare, this is to disengage your twin turbos. I believe it's called "Honda Accord Mode"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts