Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
JDM R35 Premium
2,033 Posts
Lol There a few running the same whp as you and none of the chassis bent, cracked, not even windscreens.

It's not a Civic who can't handle this kind of power.

·
JDM R35 Premium
2,033 Posts
Lol I know I agree 100% I just hate it when someone says prove it and all I can say is well i haven't heard of anyone else that this is a problem for. I doubt i'll get actual proof and will just have to show him over time that he's a moron. He has my whole family freaking out about me driving this car, just so annoying!!
+1 Jealousy from a workshop.

·
JDM R35 Premium
2,033 Posts
It is difficult and problematic to prove a negative. I suggest you rephrase the conversation such that the burden of proof is on him: if X (being high hp and stock frame) leads to Y (bent frame etc), and there are a number of X in the world, get me an example of Y. He is the one making a claim about the car, the burden of proof is his, not yours.

You could also highlight that his experience with other vehicles, especially those of a different time period, is not applicable.

Dave
+2

Time changes and car designing and engineering aswell.

Think about 80s chassis design and todays is much different.

·
JDM R35 Premium
2,033 Posts
I got 1180whp n put bout 10k miles on my car lookin fine to me . Even drive it for 6 hrs straight to go out of town seem fine. He just a hater. Lol
+3 another supporter :D

·
JDM R35 Premium
2,033 Posts
read the japanese gtr story... you will need someone to translate, but it gives alot of information about the gtr chassis from prototype mules to each production change including how precise the process has to be to produce the chassis. its a story i wish they made in english for everyone to read, cause its very worth while.
If you have document I can translate for all.

·
JDM R35 Premium
2,033 Posts
A Chassis will fatigue, metal flexes and stretches. Modern unibody design is light years ahead of the older cars, so the problems of tearing spot welds is almost non existent at this point.

Your car isn't going to be falling apart, maintain it and it'll keep on going despite what Mr. Bob the Maintenance guy thinks. Sure in 50,000 miles chassis wouldn't be as tight as it was new, but it's still tighter than any 90's unibody.
+1000000000000000000000000000000

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.