Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my car back from the shop over the weekend. I have around 1,000 HP at the crank - 850 AWHP. After I got it back, the head maintenance guy at my company proceded to tell me that it's only a matter of time before the frame gets stress cracks from the increased power and it won't handle it and he guarantees I will be replacing rods and pistons by august (Engine is fully built to handle 1500 WHP). Does anyone know if there is any truth to the frame issue and what the capabilites are? I think he's crazy and full of shit as he's used to working on 1970's motors with 300hp. Let me know if anyone can shed any light on the frame or any other stock component of the car that cannot handle the stress of 1,000 crank HP. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly my fighting point against him. He asks for proof. Can't blame him for wanting proof. I wonder if there is any "proof" of any sort out there that someone has access to in these forums? I mean i think it's ridiculous as there are 1,700 HP GTR's out there with no problems. I just want something I can show him so I can call BULLSHIT!!! He's the type of guy that when he sees someone has anything nice, he immediately says, "Well this is wrong, this is going to go wrong, and this sucks and this sucks, etc..." Annoying as shit.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol I know I agree 100% I just hate it when someone says prove it and all I can say is well i haven't heard of anyone else that this is a problem for. I doubt i'll get actual proof and will just have to show him over time that he's a moron. He has my whole family freaking out about me driving this car, just so annoying!!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol good question. He always thinks he knows everything about everything and is always putting people's nice things down. I want to put something in his face and show him he's wrong! And he has my whole family freaking out about it.

Sent from my iPhone 5

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.