Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
18,290 Posts
Hey guys, we need some NAGTROC community help. A customer that said they were a member of 6speedonline has ripped us off and we need your help. They got a $4500 Clutch Masters clutch and are now doing a chargeback saying they did not order this. I suspect someone used a stolen credit card but has the 996TT. This rarely happens to us and I always trust 6speed members shipping to alternate addresses.

Customer has a 996TT and the person noted they have a Switzer 800 Kit on their 996TT and do road racing in the Bay Area. I have 2 names:

John Macedo
po box 1297
patterson, ca 95363

and

Anthony Froyd
101 Market St
San Francisco, CA 94105

I will give a $500 reward if you can help me with recovering the part or helps us with the information to prosecution. I sure hope this is not a stolen credit card. Other vendors watch out. This looks to be fraud if you Google Map the addresses. I always help 6speed and NAGTROC members out so rarely do I check this. However it is a policy for my sales guys to ship to a verified address. So crap on me....

It appears the 101 Market Street was a Bank and the clutch was held at a Fedex pick up station or Kinkos in which a Anthony Froyd then came and signed for it. Boo on Fedex. So we need to find out if there is an Anthony Froyd registered with email [email protected] in the IB database. This person either has a 996TT or will sell the clutch to a 996TT owner.

Thanks for the help guys! We're just hoping that because of the "cross pollination" between here and 6SO as well as other forums, someone will be able to help us out. Please call 480-966-3040 x222 or PM me if you've got any info.

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Hmmm --

Yeah, 101 Market St is the federal reserve bank. There is a Kinko's/FedEx very close to the office nearby, I wouldn't doubt that's where the person picked the packages up. (I work very close by, matter of fact, across the street.)

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Did some internet homework and all the info I got, you already have (I read your thread on 6speedonline) get this scammer!!

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Thanks for posting up...i have put these names on high alert here at the shop in case we get orders as well.

Internet fraud sucks...we got hit a couple of months ago as well...good luck to ya!!!

Scott

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Open a case with SFPD. They can pull the video from FedEx/Kinko when they picked up the package, then we will have a better look at who picked up the package.

18,290 Posts
Thanks for the help guys! We've actually determined that Anthony Froyd is NOT our guy, but we know who is. As of right now, it looks like this guy is finally going to have to take responsibility for his actions. He's ripped a TON of people off.

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
Neither of those names show up in our database. Good luck catching the thief.

We verify everything, require 3rd party forms when shipping to a non billing address, and we still catch an occasional fraud.

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
This sucks, I hope you catch him. This has happened to me before, so good luck!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hope you get them, they are a pain in the ...

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Sorry to hear it, sounds like the run of the mill deadbeat scammer.

Myself and 3 other customers that I know of got ripped off from a fraud ring in San Fran. High end car parts.

I shipped to a AVS verified billing address with signature required. Turned out it was run by a ring of Russian hackers that hacked into the Bank, changed the billing addresses, shipped them to unknowing people (who they changed the Bank's billing address too) that they found on cragslist, that repackaged the parts and shipped them off to Russia. Not cool.

18,290 Posts
Sorry to hear it, sounds like the run of the mill deadbeat scammer.

Myself and 3 other customers that I know of got ripped off from a fraud ring in San Fran. High end car parts.

I shipped to a AVS verified billing address with signature required. Turned out it was run by a ring of Russian hackers that hacked into the Bank, changed the billing addresses, shipped them to unknowing people (who they changed the Bank's billing address too) that they found on cragslist, that repackaged the parts and shipped them off to Russia. Not cool.
Wow, that's intense! The last thing I heard from one of the owners was that they've pretty much got the guy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts