Nissan GT-R Forum banner

friend just lost $15.8k trying to sell hes bike

4K views 29 replies 21 participants last post by  SELVERGTR7 
#1 ·
well hes my dads friend

so he posted hes bike on a local site for $5k or something... couple days later someone called him and asked him if he would be willing to ship the bike to Malaysia and they would pay him through western union... and i guess he said Yes, and someone called him from surrounded area to come check out the bike before it gets shipped to them. that was last week

and tonight he called my dad and told him that $15.8k out of hes bank is gone.

not sure how they did it... but hes a fuking idiot for doing this.... he called police but i dont think they'll be able to do anything about it

has something like this happen to anyone before?

#7 ·
I'm guessing he is older and isn't aware of many of the common Internet scams. I'm sure the bank can help him out, he didnt authorize a withdrawal of 15.8k dollars, and it's not like he handed them the cash.

Hope everything works out for him.

#9 ·
Hopefully he'll get his money back.

#10 ·
There is a pinned message at the buy and sell that says, PM me before u buy/sell international... This things always happen when u put too much trust on people u have never met. These days we have to be extra cautious.

#19 ·
Hmmmm.... did he give any bank account details to any person invloved with the transaction? Banks would require some authorisation for money to be debited from the account.

Could he have been hacked and his bank info stolen?

Anything could have played here even that the theft of the money was totally unrelated to the bike sale.

#20 ·
Yeah you can get routing # and account # off a personal check so this makes no sense...

#22 ·
So many scams these days it's unreal. I posted up a car on the cars.com and eBay and all I get is scammer trying to pay with PayPal or some western union. All my replies are casheir bank check or cash in hand nothing else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.